People Who Just Don't Understand!

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Bobby, just an FYI, there are plenty of people in America that don't like lilacs, noisy neighbors, tattoos and people who smoke. Then again, you should already know that! LOL (and so is my wife).

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That’s why they live in RV’s.

Mary Robi likes this.
  3. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Might want to check your compass.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

People who don't like lilacs should be banned from America.

Bobby Cole and Mary Robi like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I agree, very contrary.

Mary Robi likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Very funny, Ken......very! But, if you can't enjoy cooking on a grill on your patio and/or can't open your sliding door, to your patio, to let fresh air into your home, due to two very heavy smelling lilac bushes, just what do you do? Luckily, for the last two years, only a few blooms have shown up and then died pretty quickly.

Actually, we couldn't even walk out our front door without being gagged by the smell.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, Bobby, we talked to a County Park Game Warden (armed law enforcement officer) at local lake that told us they get plenty of complaints about noise in camp grounds where RV's park. A Park Ranger (unarmed and non-law enforcement) will get the call first and if noise isn't settled down, the Park Game Warden will be called. Seems like the sight of a side-arm and handcuffs solves the problem.

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Never mind Cody. There’s always going to be some facet of crap we do not like wherever one goes.
    You nor anyone else can escape it.
    Whether at the grocery store or a restaurant or wherever you reside, someone, something is not going to be in accord with the things you like.

I have to live with it and everyone else in this world has to live with it. It’s just the way it is.

Mary Robi likes this.
  9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Shit happens!

We may have to smell it and/or see it, but we don't have to taste it or like it. It does no good to complain about it. Take a stand, be a man and do what you can. You can run (relocate) but you cannot hide from the nuisances, aggravations, pet peeves, and dislikes that other folks and nature may foist upon you.

While I don't like my neighbors dog running illegally at large and shitting in my yard, the police have more serious things to address than illegal dog shit in my front yard. Instead of complaining about something that cannot be resolved, I simply took a stand by taking a shovel and catapulting the disgusting pile across the street on the offending neighbors drive.

No one cares about my dog shit stories and what length my shovel handle is and how far I made it over on the old billy goats drive, but they would care if I complained about it on here and did nothing else. I would no doubt get numerous suggestions of what I could do and I could respond with multiple excuses of why the suggestions would not work or why I don't think I should have to do it and why I am being treated unfairly and disrespected. I could even play the widow, the cancer, the atypical MS, the part blind, the part deaf, and/or the old age card, and while that would lead to a long multiple page thread, it lacks of content and good will.

Guess what? Stories of taking actions against what the author sees as an injustice, don't make for long threads, whereas continually complaining about the same damn thing do. Twice now the author of this shit tossing thread, has declared it closed, but yet it continues.

I fail to understand how anyone calling himself a cowboy would whine about shit happening. Shit is a real cowboys daily life.

Shit happens every day to all of us but goes unnoticed unless we whine about it. I rest my case.

Beth Gallagher and Mary Robi like this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And, as I've said before, plenty of members in this forum complain about different things that they can do nothing about. Thing is, you, and some others, don't say a word to them in their complaint threads. Heck, Faye, I've read threads that you've done where you/yourself are complaining about something you can't do anything about. But, yet, you talk about us. That's crazy!!

People complain all of the time about anything/everything. This forum simply has to many people that don't like "confrontations" with others on here. Some agree with how I feel, but they won't confront a member that disagrees with me. To me, that's just BS!!

As for me calling myself a "cowboy", I really don't anymore. Wife and I do love wearing western attire and are enormous PRCA rodeo fans, but that's about it. As far as those active old "rodeo cowboy" days, they are long gone!

If you really want to hear/read about complaining, join up with The "Unofficial" Cowboy Channel Fan Group on Facebook. Highly interesting how PRCA rodeo fans can love watching a major rodeo, but have so many complaints about the Judges, the Announcers, the Barrel Clowns, whatever.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I, uh, thought we were done here.

coffin.gif

Mary Robi likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

LOL, apparently not, John. Apparently not.

13. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Do others here complain or do they share feeling and/or vent?

There is a big difference.

Venting can be a healthy expression of emotions that are often suppressed.

Complaining is passive. It keeps you stagnant and promotes wallowing in misfortune. It impedes healthy dialog and change. It also closes the complainers mind to possible solutions and changes they may need to make that are based on prejudice or ignorance.

Sharing feeling or venting is a healthy thing and differs in that it doesn't focus on a dislike for someone or something.

This is a senior forum and we have lots of health issues and other concerns that we didn't once have. Discussing these issues isn't complaining unless it is done with an air of negativity that denotes no hope, a closed mind, and the post is schooling others with biased opinions rather than sharing and discussing.

I find most here vent and very few complain. There is an importance difference.

Good examples would be Hedi's move that was trying, expensive, and a big change in lifestyle. Not once did she complain, just vent at times and for the most part, just share feeling, concerns, etc. The same with Beth sharing her cancer journey. She never complained but rather vented, when necessary, and shared heart felt feelings. Babs is another good example. She expressed and shared her feeling and stood by her beliefs until death.

The difference between venting and complaining is venting changes things, giving hope, and complaining does not. Venting is a stress release and complaining just amplifies stress.

Venting is recognizing a problem or dislike and weighing your options for change. Complaining is submitting to a hopeless closed minded state of mind that breeds prejudice, hate, and discontent.

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Also, most people vent (or complain) once, then let it go. They don't go on for decades beating the same dead horse time after time after time after time. OMG. But we all fall for it and respond, so we are POTP.

Faye Fox likes this.
  15. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Now if wallowing was a rodeo event......