Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Hal Pollner, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm sorry. I never seem to learn not to follow up on a topic. People seem to think you're trying to argue if you do. If there's any doubt, I don't do arguing. I just thought it was curious and was relating what happened to me.

Back on current topic... as far as recurrent charges, that is a pet peeve also. I'm currently dealing with Classmates.com and Photobucket, doing that. I thought I stopped Paypal from allowing them, but apparently not. I'll have to get serious about it one day. Don't feel like dealing with it right now.

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I get off topic too Nancy and don't mean to either I just get carried away, I'm trying to pay more attention now but even fail at that at times.:confused:

Nancy Hart likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Photobucket made me angry after I had a lot of pics & albums uploaded, and they went from Free to a Pay Model if you wanted to tie your pics into websites such as this one. I guess no one owes me a free service, but it felt like I was lured into something.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Tony Page and John Brunner like this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Theyt kidnapped our photos too, wanted $400 :eek::mad:. I took many pics off and now they let the few stay for past couple years. Lost most of our hydroponics' because of the ripoff.

Tony Page likes this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

people who do not look in the mirror before they leave home. Green and purple hair streaks twisted up in rope, with nails that look like weapons, while sporting a tee shirt that clearly confirms your not only blind but dress without thought. Plus your way past the age to look so ridiculous. But wait, butt showing, belly dropping out of what once was a shirt, in thongs with socks , this mate belongs to someone ?

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

So I have to change everything about myself?

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

If I'm having a real busy fay and have to run to Loews or somewhere I may not dress well but try to be presentable. I go nowhere without my makeup!
    I may not have anything to flaunt anymore but I can still look like I tried. Look as it doesn't look like I tried and 'couldn't'.:p

Tony Page likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I might have been previously peeved about this, but it continues to grind my oats. Now that patients at MD Anderson are allowed to have one person accompany them to appointments, the waiting rooms are overrun by people. This in itself isn't a big deal, but when I got there yesterday, the reclining chairs that should be designated "patients ONLY" are all occupied by men... sleeping, reading, diddling with their phones while obviously sick women are sitting on the regular chairs looking weak and ill. It just makes me so damn mad. They provide the reclining chairs and warm blankets for patients IN TREATMENT. :mad::mad::mad:

10. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

That would make me mad also next time walk with a cane bop them on the head see if that will knock some sense into them.
    I have a similar annoying problem when I go to the doctors, I walk with a cane all the time now, walking down the aisle to a seat they'll always be one or two with their legs stretched all the way out like I got to climb over them, I'll nudge them with the cane politely say excuse me, most times they move their legs if they don't a harder nudge & a louder excuse me.

Mary Stetler and Beth Gallagher like this.
  11. John Brunner

I give that an 8 out of 10.
    Metaphors were adequate, but it was lacking in personal slights.

12. John Brunner

Nah. But you may want to start wearing a mask. ;)

Shirley Martin and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. John Brunner

I would say something...not in a mean way, but to call them out as a group. Some adults in some situations do not deserve to have their feelings worried about.

This is one of the things I like about myself as I get older...I won't be nasty about it, but I won't let things like this slide. I think of it as being crotchety with ethics.

Mary Stetler and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Marie Mallery

Registered

Someone should try and stop this from happening. But guess they staff is too busy with all patients.

15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm going to write a letter to the hospital, asking for signs to be put up. It's a shame that grownups can't figure this out for themselves. :mad::mad: