Pillow Talk

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Yvonne Smith, May 10, 2016.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I can only sleep on my left side and then I have to be careful, which is why the right pillow is crucial

@Nancy Hart - sorry you experienced it too, every day I'm aware the slightest wrong move could set it off - its hell to go
    through

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]
    Little Anthony & The Imperials - Tears On My Pillow

Marie Mallery and Patsy Faye like this.
  4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Ha ha - its true - extra large pillowcases ! :p

6. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I use down pillows, but I love the bamboo pillow cases and sheets. I also wear bamboo socks now. I look for it all the time these days.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We still have the copper infused pillows, and they are comfortable, but I like a smaller pillow than even these are, so I am just using the little memory foam pillow.
    One of the problems is the shape, it is a small kind of kidney shape, and pillow cases are large on it, so I have been just using it with the little case that comes with it, which is soft and kind of like velvet .

However, I have been wearing my little silk turban at night to protect the pillowcase from shredding my hair, which works fine, except that in the summer, it is too hot to wear something on my head all night, and sometimes it just slips off during the night.
    So, I browsed on Amazon, and found a set of satin pillowcases on sale that are supposed to not hurt your hair and are good for your skin.
    I am not sure how they will be in the summer, but I ordered a set to try and see if it helps keep my hair from splitting so it can grow faster.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I am in need of new pillows, the solid memory foam ones we have just dont fit right anymore. Thinking of going to the pieces of memory foam.We both are side sleepers. i like to be able to bunch mine up if need be. Anyone have some updated ideas>

Janine Coral likes this.
  9. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have been pillow poor over the years trying to find a cool, restful and supportive one. For many years, I slept on a down pillow, which I liked. When it was time to replace it, I never seemed to find another comfy one. I don’t like memory foam, or at least I use to not because it was too hot. It went out the door just like the memory foam mattress we use to have. Both items were comfortable but memory foam was way too hot for me. (The menopause years). I once had a cooling pillow but it was too firm and gave me a stiff neck and headache. It stayed cool for a while then you had to move your head to a different spot, just like most other pillows. I had the My Pillow and hated it most of all. I have had different Foam pillows which were a hit and miss; some too soft, too lumpy, or smelled funny. And now, for the last few years I have slept on a latex pillow, medium thickness that has been pretty good but it is still not “the one”. Yes, I have Goldie Locks syndrome. :D Now, I am looking at a bamboo pillow. My husband has had a latex pillow forever and he won’t have another kind.

Janine Coral and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  10. Janine Coral

Janine Coral Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Still using my memory foam bed pillows and oddly am wanting a bit firmer head pillow, so
    gonna switch and make a change, then see...

11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We have tried all kinds of pillows, but I always go back to Ralph Lauren side-sleeper pillows from Macy's. They are relatively inexpensive, especially when on sale. I get the medium firm and they are a bit poofy when new, but they mash down to a comfortable height in a short time. https://www.macys.com/shop/product/...ernative-pillows?ID=12137254&CategoryID=28901

We did NOT like the "My Pillows" or any foam chunk style pillows. It is difficult to recommend a pillow because everyone likes something different.

Hedi Mitchell and Krystal Shay like this.