Posting Photos Limit?

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Kate Ellery, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I posted a few photos this morning of our big trip from SA to Queensland

I tried to post more after “fixing them” for some strange reason any photos I take with my phone appear upside down or sideways when transferred to my iPad ….

Anyway to get to the point is there a limit in space / number of photos a member can have cause I can’t post
    any more photos cause they just don’t load after selecting from my iPad files

Thanks in advance

Ken Anderson likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Your photos may just be too large, @Kate Ellery . I have that same problem with photos that I take with my phone camera and want to post. What I have to do is use my photo-editing app and even of all I do is make them a little brighter or bolder color, that seems to be al it needs and then they will upload just fine.
    Often times, I will crop them to show the important part that I am wanting to post, but I do not always do that, and as long as I do something with them in the editor, then they are fine. Also, when I am getting ready to post them, I change the “actual size” designation to “medium”, which is large enough for most photos.

I use this one and it has a free version, which is what I use.

E04BF902-CDB6-4ABB-ACFB-5559DA551E96.jpeg

Ken Anderson and Kate Ellery like this.
  3. Kate Ellery

Registered

Thanks @Yvonne Smith I have that on my iPad but I don’t think I can actually turn the photos that show up sideways on my iPad when moved from phone to iPad ….with that app
    I’ll go check to be sure

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

The line at the bottom, look for “orientation”, and then you can turn them the right way up. I think it might depend on whether we hold the phone upright or sideways when we take the picture, which way they show up, and I have to fix some of mine that way , too.

That should also modify the picture so it will upload properly, too.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

It does that sometimes, and it occurs more often with larger photos, I think. I haven't had any display upside down, but my photos sometimes display sideways. I simply save the same photo to the desktop, bring it up in Preview or an editor, and rotate it so that it's right-side up again, re-upload it, and that fixes it. I routinely fix photos that I come across that are displayed sideways, or you can ask me to. I normally size my photos to either 800 pixel-width or 1000 pixel-width, and I don't think I have had an 800 pixel-width photo display sideways. I have never used an iPad though, so I don't know what's available there.

There is no limit to the number of photos you can post overall, but I think I've set a limit to how many can be displayed in a single post. I'd have to look to be sure, but I think it's ten. If you have more than ten, you can simply start another post and it should let you add them there.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  6. Kate Ellery

Registered

Thanks @Ken Anderson
    I normally only add one photo per post or it’ gets confusing which photo I’m adding details about .
    We have to use an downloaded app to change/ alter any photos on a iPad , maybe newer ones might have built in programs for photos ? My iPad must be about 5 years old or more now

@Yvonne Smith I never use my phone sideways for a photo if I need something wider I’ll use my iPad which I usually have both handy when traveling.

I’ll try with photos again latter

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

If your photos do come out sideways, I don't mind righting them for you. It only takes a moment.

Kate Ellery likes this.