Power Up Your Productivity With What?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Jayce Gray, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Jayce Gray

Jayce Gray Active Member
    Registered

A supplement..

An affirmation

Or?

Yours....

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Julia Curtis

Julia Curtis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Lemon essential oil in my diffuser.:)

Marie Mallery and Jayce Gray like this.
  4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

That works for me, plus keep moving even when I don't feel like it. I was walkinf till the bugs here in the wilderness kept attacking. Chiggars, ticd on walking trail and woods I like to clear of vines.
    I use sulfur soap, coconut oil on ankels and legs which helps with the chiggars but not the tics.
    Alcohol kills the chiggars if applied soon as I get in,
    If I don't walk or dance to music I feel bad.

Bobby Cole and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I keep moving even when I don't want to. I'm sure there will come a time I won't be able to but it keeps me from going nuts out in here the wilderness too.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It’s a fact that the mind and body are heavily intertwined and when a person starts a good exercise program the body and mind both benefit.

After a good workout my body may feel totally destroyed but I find that I’m more alert and can receive and process information much better than when I skip a couple of days of training.
    It’s no secret that I enjoy the gym but I normally do not do heavy dead lifting that is, until 3 weeks ago. Once a week I throw on the belt and straps and spend an hour that builds up with me lifting all I can at least one repetition.
    I’m happy to say that yesterday I beat my previous week’s score by over 2,000 lbs. After we got home I had some plumbing to do and still had a lot of energy left to complete the job and more.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I wish I could motivate myself to exercise (in whatever form it may take.) I used to ride my bicycle to & from work. It was a 45 minute ride. There were days I would be mentally beat by the time the workday was over, and I was tempted to call a cab and throw my bike in the back. I never yielded to that temptation and made the ride anyway. By the time I got home, I was refreshed and I had no idea what I had been so spun up about.

Yet here I sit.

Thomas Windom likes this.
  8. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yeah, I used to enjoy lots of different activities that were good exercise. Now, I just want to be as comfortable as I can all the time.

John Brunner likes this.
  9. John Brunner

I do feel better after I've been outside getting my firewood ready for the winter, or helping my neighbor clean up trees that have been felled by storms. It's that first step that seems to elude me.

10. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

That’s just too true. I told my wife yesterday that I was going to blow leaves that day, then mulch them the next, just seemed like too much. Once I got out there though, I didn’t want to stop until I got it all done. She told me I needed to come in and I told her that the hardest part was just getting out there and getting started and I didn’t want to stop and have to start again.

Nancy Hart and John Brunner like this.
  11. John Brunner

My brother from another mother!

I did not organize my firewood storage at the end of last season as I normally do. I bought a load of firewood a few weeks ago, so got out there, organized the storage, helped the guy unload it, and stacked about half of it. I looked at the remainder of the pile, thinking I'd come back the next day and finish it, but I knew what I'd feel like if I left it, and I also knew what I'd feel like if I finished it. So I finished it. I was out there for 5 hours total.

12. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

does any one here take beet root gummies if so will it interfere with other medication

13. John Brunner

I can only find 2 general statements:
    -Always check with your doctor before you use a natural product. Some products may not mix well with drugs or other natural products.
    -Take extra care and check with your doctor if you have problems with how much iron or copper is in your blood.
    [It doesn't say if "how much" means too much or too little.]

Generally speaking, I've found that a lot of natural supplements thin your blood and/or reduce blood pressure. So if you are on blood thinners or blood pressure meds, you might want to check with your doctor.

Other than that 2 general statements I cited (that were only on one website), I can't find anything on the web that cites any precautions against taking beet root supplements. Maybe others will chime in.