Prepping

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Ken Anderson, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well remembering Jesus told His grown men disciples that if they wanted to ever see God's Kingdom they would have to be becoming little infants, and must be born again.
    So , that might be one tiny step in the right direction ?

John Brunner likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm not sure being "born again" and "avoidance regressing" are quite the same thing. ;)

Mary Stetler likes this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There is a bit of security when you know you can get away without going to the store for a few months if need be. The pandemic impacted our lives very little except that the churches were closed. If we had had small children at home and in public or private school, it might have been different. All our children were homeschooled and all our grandchildren have been homeschooled at least for some of their school years.

4. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Not at all the same thing.
    "Born again" can only be accomplished by the Heavenly Creator ,
    while the other can be accomplished by or could happen to perhaps any humon.

5. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We prep some, try to have a little in case of emergency like when lights go out here which is at times often. Also to buy on sale.

Not much because if tshtf I don't feel like we would be able to keep it from looters long. But it will last long as it last. Of course we do try to have a little to share with others in our rural community.
    I would like to have a couple water tanks tried a hand pump for the well which we told them to take it back out, to slow and too hard. A bucket well would be nice but we put in pipe.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

We prep too but not much because like Ken says why prep for some desperate neighbor or crowd to come and take it.
    If we had more people around us who could help protect it we'd prep more. We moved her 25 years ago for organic farm and raise guard donkeys. which neither happened. We do try to stay organic as possible for all soil plants but hydroponics we used chemicals.
    Most of our neighbors don't know each other but I wish they were more sociable community. Since pandemic people stay more to themselves .

Teresa Levitt likes this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

I sure do understand your frustration. We're not prepping for long term just want to be as comfortable for as long as we can. If we have less hunger days or thirsty less than it was worth what little we store, and we may be able to even help some family or other person.
    Its like I feel about the fools wanting a nuke war, I hope it lands right on top of me. Who wants to live with aftereffects of major nuke war.

Teresa Levitt and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't move anything; just pointed out an existing thread. I don't have the authority to move stuff and that's a good thing. :p

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Registered

Probably. Thanks for reminding 'You'll Lose A Good Thing'
    Remember that one?

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

I posted it in its proper place,lol. @Beth Gallagher

13. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

we just moved 6 1/2 years ago to this small flyover farming town...near no major highways...population...under 1600 ....we don't know anyone other than our daughter /son in law and are not reaching out to know people....
    in our experience...most are out for self.......you may be better off than you think

14. Marie Mallery

Registered

I know thats right. When we first moved here and Y2K was the rave the community had meetings and cookouts even a couple N-Hood Watch meeting by Sheriff's Deputy. Some have passed away others have moved and the new arrivals are not that sociable. That could be a good thing like some here say.
    I do know many like to fire off their guns now and then. So I figure most know how to use a weapon but if a number of people come for trouble, then how will that one family militia work?

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

i don't know if you're in a very rural area...what part of the country...how far from a city....
    your neighbors may be prepping too....they may know each other...or be related...
    if that's the case...you are in a good spot....
    we've made it difficult for anyone to just get in here and steal stuff...for now...like gasoline....
    if it gets worse...there's booby traps...to place...if worse....fire at will!