Priests, Nuns Etc Are Fed And Housed By The Church

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Joy Martin, Sep 16, 2023.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@John Houlihan - thank you for the info on ChatGP ..fun to mess with for sure

John Houlihan likes this.
  2. John Houlihan

John Houlihan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hedi,
    Yes. ChatGPT is a lot of fun. In fact, a new add-on called Dalle is a text to image converter. You can now draw images of anything by entering a text description of what you want. Check our my latest post in "Using ChatGPT" for an example.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

What do grapeseed and ChatGPT have to do with nuns and priests being fed and housed by the church? Both of these things are being discussed elsewhere.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

THIS time!

But back to the topic...As long as [compulsory] taxpayer dollars are not involved, I don't really care who gets what perks. I'm more offended at the theft by elected officials and the graft they engage in.

6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Only problem I have with the catholic church is same one I have for any other church that makes millions off bringing in illegals into the country. Other Christian orgs do the same thing, but not nearly as many as catholic church.
    Otherwise, I say live and let live long as it doesn't cause pain or crime for others.
    I have Catholics in my family like my favorite uncle who is Catholic Irish and knew some very good Latino Catholics.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

Just because some are robbing us, doesn't excuse others joining in on the scheme.

Read an article year ago about how much welfare money goes to the church. Not directly of course. We even had a discussion about it here.
    Americans are suckers for a good cause, even if its not really good.
    Giving away other people's money is not charity, its theft.
    Like Col. Davey Crocket told congress, " Its Not Yours To Give".
    Ironically Crocket also died at the Alamo.

8. Celia Jenkins

Celia Jenkins Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't doubt that there are many genuinely religious people who become monks and nuns. However, it is an easy way to cop out of normal society. The local monastery was a vital part of the community, providing health care and education for the people. Hospitals, leper colonies and schools were all run by the church. However, the abbeys owned vast areas of land which made them wealthy and powerful. Henry VIII didn't just want to divorce Katherine of Aragon, he wanted to break the power of the Pope and its abbeys.
    Sorry for the history lesson, but the church has been a strong influence on politics for a long time. The archbishop of Canterbury is still sticking his nose in where it's not wanted.
    We mustn't go back to those days. Following the teaching of Jesus is one thing....the power of the church is another.
    People who become monks and nuns should serve their local community, not use it as a way to escape from real life.

Marie Mallery and Tony Page like this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

Couldn't have said it better myself. Literally,:D