1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Puerto Ricans Still Waiting For Relief A Week After Hurricane Maria's Devastation

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Babs Hunt, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The Truth About Puerto Rico And Mayor Carmen Yulin Cru

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

No matter how much help Puerto Rico gets...everyone over there is going to have to realize it is going to take time and everyone's effort, including the ones who live there who are able to help in any way they can...to return Puerto Rico to what will be their new "normal."

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Puerto Rico was a mess before the hurricane; financially, anyhow.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

We have family there and say the electricity will probably be out for a long time. A lot of people are suffering but they can handle it everyone [most] are family groups and help each other. The third world type thinking they will survive better than a first world.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sure there is alot of truth to what you have said @Ken Anderson...and yet this was still "Home" to a lot of people who did not really understand what a "mess" was until the hurricane struck.

I watched David Muir the other night walking up flights of stairs to interview elderly people who were without electricity, and water and food basically. And the question I asked myself was why wasn't David Muir and his News team bringing water and food into these people while they spent time interviewing them?