Questions And Answers Game

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Holly Saunders, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

No we never go to fast food places..and yes we eat out at least once a week depending on hubs schedule, but sometimes more often.. We usually eat out at pubs which are almost all restaurants here now..rather than the old smelly pubs with sticky carpets of yore...

Shirley I am of the mind if any of your thimgamyjigs are only performing at 10% you realllly, need to get it checked out.. :eek::D

Still on the subject of all things domestic... are you billed for your utilities per month or quarter?

Our gas and electricity bills are quarterly although we can choose to pay a direct debit agreed amount every month which depending on your usage over the previous 3 months may need to be topped up..or you may be in credit.. ....and do you still get paper bills... ?

Shirley Martin likes this.
  2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

My electric is paid automatically off my bank account every month.. They know from last year about how much per year I will consume and they divide that number by 11 and I have 11 equal payments monthly.. The last month is for adjustments and usually they owe me money for overpayment..
    That way, I don't have to worry about paying a hydro bill..
    They automatically send me a monthly statement by the mail letting me know how we stand with the consumption and the money... October is the fiscal year for the billing which means no payment in September..

For your heating or cooling system, how do you heat?? Oil, electric, gas, wood, or other???
    Our house is an all electric house with electric forced hot air downstairs and electric baseboard upstairs.. We also have an electric fireplace.. We also have a window unit for air-conditioning for downstairs which we don't use often as it seldom gets hot enough to turn it on.....

3. Holly Saunders

Registered

We have Gas Central heating ....my daughter has a wood burning stove which she only has to have on for 2 months of the year max....

Have you ever gone on a coach holiday....?

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

No

have you ever told your deepest, darkest secret to anybody? ;)

5. Holly Saunders

Registered

Well I have a few from my youth ...but I have told one to someone.... :eek:

Same question.....

6. Shirley Martin

Registered

No but for enough money, I will tell you. ;)

Do you know a question that I can ask next? :D

7. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I will ask one if OK by you Shirley ....and I only thought of this while cleaning out my pantry this morning

The Question is ...and it’s proberly a stupid question....but it’s a subject that’s seen on the nightly news quite a bit
    beacuse of the obesity rates in our country

I rarely use or buy sugar ..the last 1 kg pack I bought was about this time of the year ...last year ...I stuck the receipt to it just to remind myself just how much sugar we actually use, it’s obivious we don’t use much .

Do you use or buy much sugar ?

8. Steve North

Registered

No...
    I don't have any sugar in the house.. My dear wife is a diabetic and sugar is a no-no..
    For the past 15 years, I use SPLENDA which is sugar with the carbs removed.. it is perfect for diabetic as it doesn't increase her blood sugar at all.. It tastes and is used the same as sugar..

Do you like to have a dessert after a main meal ???
    I usually make either a S/F pudding or a S/F jello..
    Frozen fruit with heavy cream..

PS....... I thought we had the option of asking a question and also giving our answer as well....

9. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yes indeed everyone has that option Steve...

No I rarely have pudding or dessert after a meal unless I'm eating out then I might have a brownie with ice cream.

I did have some custard and caramel shortbread the other night, but that's very rare...

Do you believe the Bible story of Noah and the Ark ?

10. Shirley Martin

Registered

Wow, that's a touchy question, Holly. I used to believe that every word of the Bible was literally true. Now I have very grave doubts. It was told by word of mouth down through the generations. Each teller told it from his perspective. I'm sure it was meant to be correct but, no, I don't believe the Noah and the Ark story. Some event might have happened, maybe a flood. But I don't believe that the whole Earth was flooded and the only survivors were Noah and his family.

For example, at a recent family gathering, we talked of things that happened when we were growing up. Some of the things my siblings talked about were very different from the way I remember them. We shared the same childhood and remember things quite differently. How, then, can we believe a story that has been told and retold so many times?

Do you?

Holly Saunders likes this.
  11. Steve North

Registered

If I can remember, a few years ago, they found the remains of Noah's ark on a mountain top somewhere in Greece.. I don't remember if it was ever proven to be legit or not..
    They also found some of the Dead Sea Scrolls in a cave some years ago and they have proven them to be legit..
    As far as some of the stories goes, well I do have an imagination, but some of them are just a bit far fetched..

Now, I don't have another question at this moment because I am very tired and it is way past my bedtime, so I will have to repeat the same question which is a good one anyway....

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

I believe the remains of the so called ark was found on MT Ararat in turkey ..but after studies by geologists they found that MT Ararat had been created and built on dry and long after the floods which were supposed to have been why the ark was built....so no I don't believe there was a Man who saved animals 2 by 2... not to say there wasn't a monk or a religious guy who built a boat and saved his own family and pets during the floods ( which have been proven to have happened)...but I suspect ''Noah'' wasn't the only one to do it... it may have been that his boat was the biggest which is why it was mentioned in the Monks scrolls which became the Bible eventually...

Moving on from such a serious topic....

Do you have, or would you ever consider paying for a cleaner in your home, to save you having to do all the housework yourself?

13. Steve North

Registered

Yes, we have a cleaning lady that comes to our house every other Tuesday from 1:00 to 5:00pm to clean the house.. she doesn't do laundry or dishes or linen changing on the bed.. Just vacuuming, floors, bathrooms, kitchen, and dusting all over as well as just cleaning up where it is needed.. Both my wife and myself have had major operations lately and this is a great help to us.. What the cost is doesn't bother us one bit, as the work done by her is something we would have problems with..

When you go to bed, do you have a light in the bedroom or is it perfectly dark ??
    I have a night light in the bedroom so when we get up during the night to go to the potty, we don't trip over something..

Holly Saunders likes this.
  14. Shirley Martin

Registered

I don't have lights on but my neighbor across the road has one of those big area lights that lights my bedroom enough so that I can see pretty well. I have an area light that lights up the rest of the house.

It is getting dark here later by the day. It's after 6:00 and it's just getting dark. What time does it get dark at your house?

15. Steve North

Registered

Actually it gets dark when we turn the lights off...

About going to bed..
    Are you an early to bed person or are you a night owl ???
    We don't go to bed much before 2:00am if not later, however we don't get up till almost noon...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018