Reen's Allsorts

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Reen Davis, Dec 24, 2022.

1. Reen Davis

Reen Davis Well-Known Member
    Registered

@John Brunner
    I suppose, if there was a risk of fire to any particular church - they could always change candle light services to
    'bring a torch' services. :D

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  2. Reen Davis

Registered

A NEW DIRECTION
    Well, one more day left of this old year - have to say, I'm not really feeling too optimistic about the new one
    on it's way - given all that's going on in the UK and other places around the world. Feels more like 'trepidation'
    than optimism. The last 2/3 'new years' didn't turn out too well did they.

I've decided though that while I can't do much to change the 'bigger picture' I can at least try and focus instead
    on what I can do with the smaller 'snapshot' - i.e my own personal life.

I gave up on the 'New Year Resolutions' many years ago - largely because I never got even a quarter of the way
    through the year before they all became just a distant memory ! I finally decided that only one I stood a chance
    of sticking to was 'don't make any' - that way I didn't have to feel guilty about not sticking to them - but I 'am'
    hoping to make a couple of changes next year that will hopefully be good for me and for others too.

I have an appointment on the 8th Jan to get new hearing aids fitted - once that is done I'm looking at some
    voluntary work at a food bank, something I've done before and really enjoyed. I need to get myself out of the
    house - since moving here a year ago I seem to have 'closed' in on myself and withdrawn from life outside the
    home - partly due to the ongoing Covid, but I am starting to feel the need in me to change direction and be part
    of life outside these four walls and Voluntary Work has always brought me out of myself in the past.

So if all goes well - I will at least have something, 'hopefully of interest' to write about here :)

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I hope all goes well for you and all going into the New Year. Those of you in Europe and the Islands of Great Britain and Ireland may have a cold winter yet ahead. I hope you can stay warm.

Reen Davis likes this.
  4. Reen Davis

Registered

@Don Alaska
    Thank you Don and best wishes to you too for the new year. :)

Apparently, and according to a post I read in another thread, we in England are expecting /waiting for the US weather to move over here. I ddn't know we were as I haven't been following the forecasts !

It seems the freezing temps and snow we already had may just have been a 'trial run' and that was bad enough as my gas central heating kept going off ! Luckily, I have electric heaters too, so used those until the C.H came back on. :)

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

When I looked at the forecast a while ago, it appeared the storm was only going to hit the northern parts of Ireland, Scotland and northern areas of England, so if you are in the south, it may not be bad for you.

6. Reen Davis

Registered

@Don Alaska
    I'm up north, in County Durham, so I guess I'd better be prepared ! As long as both gas 'and' electric don't go off, I'll be fine for heating.

If both do go off, I'll still be able to cook a hot meal on a camping stove I have and have loads of candles and some torches for light. So it will just be a case of keeping warm under a duvet on the sofa. Guess what I'll be more bothered about if I have no electric though :D

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.