Renal / Kidney Diet

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 9, 2023.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is all right, John, and this is how conversation is supposed to work. We both throw around ideas and information and questions, and then share when we find answers. There are some good videos by Dr. Perlmutter, and others that talk about uric acid, that you can watch; but i didn’t mention this because i remember that you try not to watch too many videos because of your internet.

Having a Kindle library is a great thing, and I believe that you will love it once you have one started ! There are all the settings for font size and type, as well as for brightness, and adjusting at night for blue light. I really love the built-in dictionary, and often look up words, just to learn more about them, and it is especially great when reading technical books or medical ones.
    You will like that you can organize your library and add books into collections. The Kindle is great for when you are following a recipe book, too, because you can just set it up in the Kitchen and follow along.
    My daughter had a clamp on one of her kitchen cabinets, and she put her iPad Mini on that when she was following a recipe.

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

So why would a high urine pH be an issue? All [I think] that means is that the acid level is low. Is that not "a good thing"?

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Doesn't ring any immediate bells @John Brunner. I'll have to think on it a bit.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. John Brunner

It's got me in a conundrum. Lab Corp calls anything over 6.2 "elevated." I'll have to research.

So much of urology is counter-intuitive.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. John Brunner

Ooohhh...I like that! I've sometimes put my laptop on the counter for that purpose, but it's kinda bulky.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.