Requesting Ken Make A Monthly State Of The Forum Post

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Faye Fox, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

I like to give folks to ore for chances to get they're spelling write before I put them on ignore.

Edit: It should be "too" instead of "to"
    Sorry

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Egg zakly.

Hoot Crawford likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There are still quite a few sites out there that pay people to write on the sly. Most of them are filled with people from the Philippines and Africa trying to make a buck but sadly, most of them have problems with writing English.
    They’ll use spell check and auto translators and some of it comes out fairly garbled which means that the Administrators either delete a lot of posts or get rid of the poster.
    I wrote, “on the sly” because the regular members aren’t supposed to be privy to the fact that the owner of the site is paying people so as to generate more membership and SEO.
    The thing is, the initial concept demanded a lot from the writers. Spelling, grammar, length of the posts and accuracy was critical to making any money but things went down hill and people were doing the very minimum of what was expected which was frustrating to the guys who were picky about their own writing.

Admittedly, at one time I enjoyed getting a few shekels to write but with the total inundation of inexperienced writers on those sites I had quit the whole concept.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  4. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I enjoy writing but I'm not professional. I just do it for my own enjoyment.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That my dear Marci is why most of us are here. Very few have an agenda or a soap box so to speak.
    We enjoy writing and for the most part we enjoy each other which is why I wrote my opinion earlier about allowing people to be people complete with all the failings we may have.
    If things get out of hand, we have a moderator and an administrator to deal with it but otherwise, we pretty much write as we please.

Marci Miller likes this.