Residents Who Won't Listen To Apt. Complex Manager

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, renters can totally wreck a house, property and even an apartment. There are those that truly care about the dwelling/area, they live in and those that could care less.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've heard of some destroying the landscaping!

Can you imagine???

Mary Robi and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Have never/ever heard of that happening. Nope. :D

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Other than where we live, I've never heard of anyone with that attitude of "I don't care. Go ahead and evict me. I'll still do what I want to, not what you tell me to do."

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Right. By the way, you smell purty. ;)

6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I LOVE the smell of lilacs. I have a large hedge outside my kitchen window and patio doors. I look for them with anticipation every year. There are years like this one where we get heavy rains for a couple of days and they knock most of the blooms off, all over the patio benches. I find that sad.
    But, if I did not like the smell of lilacs, I have windows on other sides of the house I would open. We also use a box fan to push out stale in or pull in fresh usually upstairs to regulate heat but it could be used for odors too.

Faye Fox, Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, here we go again: Got an e-mail from new complex manager yesterday. Apparently numerous residents have let her know that there are people smoking cigarettes where smoking isn't allowed, like patios. She requested that those smoking should respect those that don't and follow the Leasing Rules/Policies concerning smoking in the complex.

Actually, I've see some guys walking around the complex smoking cigarettes............without a care in the world.

Now, if this new manager thinks she's going to control the smoking, she definitely don't know this complex like we do. Funny, the other manager sent out an e-mail about Leasing Rules/Policies and the young people here didn't pay any attention to her requests either.

If this new manager thinks she's going to control these kids that live here, boy is she in for a surprise!

8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Hey Cody, why don't you move now before winter? Since you have documented all the violations of the lease agreement by tenants and management, they couldn't hold you responsible. I don't know how much you might lose that was paid upfront, but is it worth it to hang around there and be unhappy? I doubt they would try to sue for the months you didn't stay because if they took you to court, a good lawyer could sue them for all his fees plus get you damages for harassment and all upfront money back.

Mary Stetler and Beth Gallagher like this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

First, we'd have to pay some $2,000 or more for breaking the lease. Second, if we didn't pay that, it would show up on our credit report and possible be bad thing to do for getting a descent reference. In any apartment complex we've lived in, we have never, ever broke the lease. Basically, it something that Realtors and Apt. Managers say never do, unless absolutely necessary.

IOW, we've put up with this stuff now for 3 years, as of the 10th of this month, and can put up with it until next June/July. We're also not going to put everything we have into a storage unit and live in a weekly hotel, like an Extended Stay. Talk about costly!

Nope, we'll stay right where we are and laugh about the e-mail notices the new manager puts out, knowing absolutely well that her notices won't be read or done.

We'll take the 5-day time to check out Sheridan and vicinity and go from there. There's always that chance, slim, but still, that we might not like the area and decide against moving there. We've make moving mistakes before and, hopefully, won't make this another.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Had new, and yes, very young, couple move in above us. It was so nice and quiet for a number of months! No heavy walking could be heard across our ceiling and nobody playing with their dog. Well, both have changed with this couple! And, on top of that, we think the noise we hear, coming from the ceiling (their floor) in our bedroom, is them having sex in a very squeaky bed! The apartment above us now has linoleum flooring. All carpet was taken out.

Will folks, young or older, ever care, or understand, that, when living above someone, consideration has to be taken for noise? Consideration and respect just doesn't seem to be a priority with the young folks that live in apartment complexes.

However, we've had two different upstairs neighbors that we didn't even know they were there. They were that quiet! And, we commended them for that "quietness". But, most apartment residents don't stay in an apartment as long as we do/have. They are young and can afford to buy a house, whereas we simply can't.

John Houlihan likes this.
  11. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

OMG! They're having sex! What will these young whipper-snappers do next? Watch TV? Cook? Take showers? Open and close their doors? The horror, I say....the horror!!!

They might even have tattoos, too. And maybe mushrooms...... Have you made sure they don't have objectionable bumper stickers on their car?

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I sure hope you never have your sleep disturbed by young folks that don't "think" or even "care". Apparently there are two words you don't' understand: Respect and Consideration towards those that live around you!

John Houlihan likes this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Chances are, those nasty people who are having @#$ also have tattoos, hate rodeo and wish they lived some place where sex is legal.
    I’m surprised that the maintenance gal didn’t warn you about their nightly shenanigans.

Not jealous much are ya…….

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

LOL….I read your post after I wrote mine and I guess we sorta think alike….

Faye Fox and Mary Robi like this.
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, simply don't need this crap anymore! Guess I've been with/in this forum too long. No compassion for neither wife nor I.