Residents Who Won't Listen To Apt. Complex Manager

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

You’ve already admitted a few times about having cameras set up and have observed some “wild life”.

2. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Thinking a bit more about Cody’s debacle, perhaps he could suggest a new idea to the owners of the complex.

There are apartment complexes that have no smoking units and some are restricted to seniors and still others restrict drinking and drugs.
    How about if a complex had sex and no sex apartments or even loud and quiet sex apartments?
    Separate sound proofed apartments for the couple who normally make the local dogs howl.

I mean, it might be a bit much to put on an apartment application but a simple, “are you noisy during coitus” box to check should be enough to hold people to a contract and have the ability to evict if someone goes above x decibels during happy time if they checked the NO box.

Just an idea.

Mary Robi and Jaspurr Miller like this.
  3. Jaspurr Miller

Jaspurr Miller Well-Known Member
    Registered

Or get some earplugs.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Don't worry about it. That young couple were either rearranging furniture or throwing stuff at each other.

My brother told me that he and his wife were down to only having hallway sex.
    That's where you pass each other in the hallway and mutter "Eff You."

Mary Robi and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

The fact is, apartment living is not for everyone. Most of us are well aware of what we're getting into when living in close proximity to other people, and we can either accept it or move on. Every person has a right to live their own life in their own home, and if their whiny neighbors don't like it then guess what. "Tough."

6. John Brunner

When I was married, we bought a house in mid-September. By that Christmas, we had split up (thank goodness we bought a house and didn't have a child.) I was making $5/hour and kept the place because being house poor was way better than living in an apartment complex. In essence, you have housemates you don't even get to choose...or eject.

Of course, bad suburban neighbors are not gonna be moving as soon as a bad apartment dweller, so ain't nuthin' perfect.

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

That's true. I have often been glad that we are fortunate to have good neighbors. Everyone is friendly but keep to themselves, and keep their property in good order. Most of us moved here when we were young and with kids, so we've seen the kids grow up and changes to the 'hood.

I lived in a couple of different apartments when I was divorced and it suited me fine. Occasional noise but it wasn't a big deal to me. At one place there was a single guy next door who'd come in late and drunk, and more than once beat on my door and wanting me to "party." I told him I was calling the police (I was not), he called me a bitch and staggered away, and that was that. :D Next day he'd be all smiles like it never happened. :rolleyes:

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

The one thing I have to admit @Cody Fousnaugh is that even though you are probably serious as a heartbeat about your neighbor’s vocal and physical intrusion into ya’ll’s life, your thread has definitely added a bit of long needed levity.
    Ken wrote that you walked right into it and may I add, with both feet, but still, I personally thank you for a badly needed laugh or two.

There will be better days Cody!!

9. John Brunner

Having lived in my house for over 30 years, I saw a couple of generations spin through. I was always the guy who would work on the kids' bikes, run phone lines into the rooms of the teenagers (before cellphones), use my truck to pickup foozball tables from Craigslist buys, stuff like that. One day I got a knock on the door, and the little girl whose bike I used to work on had gotten married, and stopped by to show me her baby. I mentioned before that I lived in that town since the 60s and grew up around the corner, so when my neighbors threw me a 50th birthday block party, one of my old paper route customers was there. She was in her 80s.

I hated pulling up those roots, but I'm lucky to have just as nice people here.

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Sometimes, there's no magic. If you want to have a friend, be a friend. Same goes for good neighbors.

11. Jaspurr Miller

Jaspurr Miller Well-Known Member
    Registered

And it's petty to whine about people having sex. Last I heard, it was normal part of being human.

Mary Robi likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Having lived in apartments during the twelve years that I was in Southern California, I will agree that there are a lot of annoyances. Walls are thin and, when you have someone above you, there are noises from above, as well as from the sides. People get into loud arguments, play their music too loud, slam doors, kick walls, and sometimes have drunken episodes on balconies and such. Sometimes they have loud conversations in the walkways outside of your door. I think I've had to endure the sounds of overexuberant sex from apartments above me, and yes, it can sometimes be annoying. But, that's why I have avoided living in apartments for most of the past four decades. That said, there's nothing wrong with talking about things that annoy you, as long as you try not to be too easily annoyed or overly annoying here.

13. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Opening statement
    Cody is the lifeblood of SOC

Exculpatory evidence

Post # 220 was posted at 6:52 AM or 06:52 2/23,2023 Complaint of excessive noise in the apartment above inhabited by a young couple, indicating sexual activity.

Followed by 4 pages of evidence by various expert witnesses that perhaps the complaint had no merit either in a legal or social court.

Post #267 posted at 10:02 PM or 22:02 2/23/2023 concluded the testimony concerning the right to be easily annoyed by an apartment living senior and the right of the young people to be annoying while engaging in noisy sexual activity and their right to have a squeaky bed in the apartment up above.

I submit these 4 pages and 47 posts, all during a period of 14 hours and 54 minutes, as firsthand evidence and asked to be stricken from the record, all comments in reference to posts before #220 such as lilac bushes, tattoos, satanical bumper stickers, etc.

Please include in the record, but only as second-hand evidence since there were no eyewitnesses, the rodeo in the apartment up above based solely on auditory evidence. Any other talk of rodeo will be stricken from the record.

Summation:

Ladies and gentlemen of the SOC forum jury, I submit to you that Cody is the lifeblood of SOC. Can any of you show evidence of such a successful thread considering the time frame per post ratio? I also submit that content, likes received, etc, is irrelevant. The life of a forum depends on threads' receiving comments regardless of the nature of those comments. Cody has demonstrated his ability to post and maintain lengthy threads.

In closing, I submit that Cody is the lifeblood of SOC.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  14. John Brunner

People only whine about others having sex...and maybe about themselves not.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, guess until people have to deal with the sexual noise, coming from a new resident from apartment above, it could be hard to understand. At night, in bed, I don't wear my super Blu-Tooth hearing aids and I could still hear them. To us, that's darn near too loud. Nobody is telling them to stop, but just have consideration of someone sleeping in a bedroom below theirs.

And then, this morning, after both of them left for work, their dog starts barking in their living room. It's called "anxiety separation", but it was annoying my wife while she was working in spare bedroom on her "at home" job. They brought the dog to their apartment just a few days ago. They didn't move in with it. Sent the manager an e-mail about the barking. The barking went on for over an hour, but has since stopped. Don't know if the dog got tired of barking or someone came home.

See, barking isn't going to bother this couple, because they are at work. But, what about those that work from home or are retired and live close to this couple?

Ken Anderson and John Houlihan like this.