Retirement Housing

Discussion in 'Retirement & Leisure' started by Thomas Windom, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The favorite thing my wife and I do is watch TV series, movies and concert videos. We have an almost ideal room for this in our home now and we have a sound system that delivers some serious sounds levels, which we enjoy. We keep thinking we need to move to a less taxing (pun intended) state than Maryland. However, I do not see that we could ever live in a dwelling that had any other dwelling adjoining it because we would literally rattle their walls. So, we have been looking around for retirement communities, preferably in Va, WV or PA, that have little stand alone cottages. We are not having much luck.

Has anyone seen such things? Most sites talk about their services, community activities, etc. Very few show floor plans or even pictures of the dwellings.

2. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My wife found a place in Pa, not too far from here, that is 55+ and single family homes, Amblebrook, near Gettysburg, PA. They have some interesting floor plans. I think we might drive up in the next couple days and have a look. This house now is so much more than we need and I don’t enjoy trying to keep up with the outside anymore. I cannot describe the dread I feel when I even think about undoing 30 years of stuff in this house and moving. We don’t even know how to do it any more.

…sigh…

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Roger that.

Thomas Windom likes this.