Reviewing Amazon Products

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by Yvonne Smith, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have been looking at the really cheap items that were available, and then I decided to try running the search from the most expensive down to cheapest instead just to see what might be on the high-end items.
    There are camping items, like solar backpacks, metal detectors,hunting bows, fishing poles, tents, and also a lot of household items. I found patio furniture, robot vacuums ($49), dinette sets, and just all sorts of more expensive items at discounts.
    We are not buyng any of those right now; but next time we might be looking for a more costly item, I am for sure going to see what is available with the discounts.
    if you do not mind writing a review, you can sure save some money this way !
    image.jpeg

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just can't say enpugh about how happy I am with doing the Amazon reviews for testing products ! ! We have things that we NEVER could have afforded, if we had to buy them, and most of the vitamins and health supplements that we take, we are now getting for free. The last one that was the BCAA's that Bobby takes were usually $49 per bottle, and we only paid around $1-2 for them.
    We now have two awsomely nice fishing poles and reels that normally sell for almost $80 each, and we got them for under $20; so as soon as the weather cools down a little bit this fall, we are going to take the new fising poles and head for the lake, or maybe even venture all the way down to the Tennessee River and do some fishing. Since seniors don't need a fishing/hunting license here, we don't even have to buy a license to fish.
    I wrote about the pickle lids in the sauerkraut thread, and there is just so many other things that we have received and are enjoying now.

I sure recommend this to anyone who is living on a tight budget and wants to stretch their money. It works just about anyplace that Amazon is available, so not just here in the United States.
    The best value we have gotten thus far is a whole house air purifier.
    It has a HEPA filter in it, and removes all kinds of dust particles in the air, cigarette smoke, bacteria, and even kills black mold. Amazon has it listed for $229, which is SO far out of our budget that it wasn't even on the list of wishes.
    However, when I found it on the Amazon Review Trader for $29, I applied for the discount code right away, and did get one. (You do not always get to test everything you apply for, but it is always worth asking for it.)
    Here is a picture of it.
    The one we got is clear acrylic on the outside, and you can see the filters and easily tell when they need to be cleaned; but it also comes in cherry-wood or black finish. With a $200 savings, we were very happy to have it and write a review for it. We LOVE it, and the air was fresher smelling right away after plugging it in.

image.jpeg

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

One of these days I'll get around to it, I just hate the thought of writing a review hanging over my head. Except for forums and even on them I despise writing.

I'm also trying to get rid of things so I don't want to add to my stuff, even if it's free. Only thing I need is a new ipad soon.

Except for food, I don't even look at anything. Chances are I already have it and it's still in a box or it's something I don't need.

I still haven't written a yelp review for that plumber that I promised in the fall. Now I can't even remember his name or company, hope I don't need them again, lol.

The fitbit I got in December, I haven't used since Feb, but I'm charging the battery and will start wearing it because DIL and son in Illinois were I'm going soon said they all wear one, even my 10 yr old grandson and they
    Have fun getting their steps in.

So I added them as friends today and wow, my steps are an embarrassment compared to theirs.

Bill Boggs and Yvonne Smith like this.