Rodeos

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

small-town rodeos are wonderful and I suspect they could go on, if not made illegal, big money or not. They'd probably be even more fun.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry, Denise, but it's very obvious that you know very little about professional rodeo. But, that's alright, because serious rodeo fans are always willing to teach.:D
    Professional rodeo is based on money. The big rodeos in America, that were cancelled in 2020, lost millions of dollars for their cities. Pasadena, CA depends on the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl each year for income to the city. Pasadena lost millions when the parade didn't happen on January 1st 2021.

3. Denise Evans

Registered

LOL, oh brother, you should read more of the thread Cody, I said it twice already in this thread I know only I love(d) going to the rodeo. Gee, and it's alright that I don't, I feel so honored. You just have such a wonderful way with people, I guess that's why you are such a success in life. You're lucky you have this forum to protect you because face to face with me, I'd tear into you until all you'd be is a sniveling pile of bullshit.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, Denise, I'm not a quiet person, unless I'm sick (LOL). I pretty much only tell things the way I, and note the word "I", see them. My wife, of 20 years, loves my humor, that is sometimes mixed in with some sarcasm. My BIL (wife's younger brother) has the same kind of personality that I do and that is why, from the first time I met him, we get along so, so well. In the beginning, my wife was really shocked at how him and I got along. Heck, my SIL (wife's older sister), doesn't understand half of the things I say. Wife and I, teasingly, call her a "closet person", because she knows very little about real life. She, very seldom, gets any jokes that I tell her.

Anyway, if you was to tell a Top 15 PRCA cowboy/cowgirl what you have stated in your posts, most likely they would tell you the very same thing I did. And, they would also say "I enter small rodeos because they don't pay enough to keep me in the Standings in at."

But, Denise, we are very will to teach you about rodeo and how money affects it.

Anyway, what to know just how serious we are about rodeo? Last year, we drove 8 hours to go to a rodeo in Dodge City, Kansas. Spent four days in Dodge City.

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Well you certainly are a legend in your own mind Cody, and somehow you missed the "horse" when manners, humility, and basic "people skills" were being taught. But that's alright, I give you permission to "never learn".

6. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe @Cody Fousnaugh you should reread this from Denise
    "LOL, oh brother, you should read more of the thread Cody, I said it twice already in this thread I know only I love(d) going to the rodeo. Gee, and it's alright that I don't, I feel so honored. You just have such a wonderful way with people, I guess that's why you are such a success in life. You're lucky you have this forum to protect you because face to face with me, I'd tear into you until all you'd be is a sniveling pile of bullshit."

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And, my Body Guard (wife) would tear you up! LOL She doesn't take any crap from anyone that treats me bad.

Denise Evans likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

No, not a legend, just a previous member/contestant with the rodeo association that most in this forum were not. So, that being that I was a member, I'm really knowledgeable about rodeo.
    And, I have plenty of "people skills" and my wife just said "please don't mess with my husband, he's a very nice guy and knows what he is talking about."

But, enough with "putting me down", since our personalities clash so much. I was only kidding when saying "we'll teach you".

So, who should I "block" next from seeing their posts? Gotta think about that. LOL

Denise Evans likes this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

Good for her Cody, she'd also have to have the patience of Job to live with you.

I'm raising my hand!! Pick me pick me!! Pretty soon you won't have anyone left you keep up your bs.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Don't need anyone, except her and her brother. However, Denise, I do get along very, very well with serious rodeo fans, like we are. Show me young kids that show livestock in 4-H and FFA and I get along with them great as well. I can talk to a farmer or rancher and get along with them as well.

11. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, I'm sure it's beneath you to talk to someone that doesn't share your knowledge of rodeo. I was so stupid to think I could share what I loved about rodeo, it's so minuscule next to your High-anus :( :)

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If you will READ someone’s post instead of going willy-nilly into your, “I know more than you” stuff you’d have a bit more fun and maybe understand the writer a bit more.

Not everyone goes to a rodeo thinking about who is the top money winner or how professional someone is. They want to see whatever event(s) they want to see just to have fun and nothing more.
    Some folks do not even LIKE to go to large, packed rodeos but would rather go to a home-spun one at a local fair.
    For me, I HATE crowds so I can see how the small, less imposing and more community minded events would be more inviting.

The title of the thread is RODEO. That doesn’t mean that only YOUR rodeos count but all of them including some ma and pa event down at the fairgrounds.

13. Denise Evans

Registered

Always nice to see more "wide-spread" knowledge of the world, I have a variety of interests. I'm not a master of anything, but I don't regret learning about other things, and I remain teachable today ;)

14. Denise Evans

Registered

This really does says a lot about you Cody, you would send in your wife to do your battles.

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Indeed but at the same time we want to be able to enjoy it and not be bombarded with information we’ll never use.