Rodeos

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Hurray for that statement too Bobby! Exactly, I was having some pretty good memories until, well, you know ;)

Faye Fox and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sounds rather child like. My daddy’s bigger than your daddy. He seriously needs to grow up.

3. Denise Evans

Registered

I really do love what you said about the fun of small, town rodeos @Bobby Cole. Simpler is better imo, and another "rodeo" I had forgotten about was held on a ranch I worked one Summer. Just locals, wild and wooley and doubt any money was exchanged at all. I do recall a bottle or two of Taquila being awarded though ;)

Not opposed to large gatherings but those I prefer to watch on TV now. Even before covid I was turning away from large crowds.

Mary Robi and Faye Fox like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Bobby, you're definitely NOT talking about me "growing up". Nope, can't be!

And, besides that, going to a small "home town" rodeo, you don't get to see the really good rodeo contestants. Not unless, a person likes seeing........ropers that don't catch, steer wrestlers that hit the ground instead of bringing down the steer, bronc and bull riders that keep getting flung into the dirt and not making the 8 second ride. When we lived in Florida, we went to the Lake City PRCA rodeo and that is exactly what we saw. Some dink rodeo that had a lot of Permit Holders (beginners) that couldn't catch or ride.

For us, we rather go to a major rodeo and see major/top contestants. To us, seeing a bull ride of 90 points is much better than seeing a bull ride of 70 or the dude get flung off before the 8 second buzzer goes off.

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Now I'm just sad for you Cody, I see you landed on your head too many times, I can have empathy for you now. Not just see you as obnoxiously arrogant.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Don't be "sad" for me, Denise. If I'm obnoxious and arrogant, just what are you? Better look in the mirror before calling other people names. Anyway, perhaps I'll move somewhere else where the kids play nicer. LMAO

7. Denise Evans

Registered

Really? After you :p You only get as good (or bad) as you give Cody.

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

With all the na-na-na’s and I’m this and I’m that and everything has to be PRCA going on from you and again with the wife thing yeah.,,,,,you seriously need to think about what you’re writing and yes, grow up.

I’ve defended you when you’re right but this time you keep swinging this whole thread to what you want it to be with no regard for someone else’s preferences.
    Everyone’s wrong and you’re right. Yup…grow up.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, even Faye told Denise about how areas want big rodeos, not small ones. Or, you didn't see Faye's post about that? She basically stated the very same thing that I did. And, you, Denise and Al seem to disagree with.

Well, there are ranchers that think that all rodeo is ranch rodeo, so what would you tell them?

All Faye and I told Denise is that small rodeos don't bring in the money or high-quality contestants that PRCA rodeos do. And, being the fact that you've never been a member of PRCA or know much about it, then, YES, I'm right. Just like Faye is right about what she states.

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

If you can’t understand what I’m writing and it somehow flys over your head then just forget it Cody.

11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Amusing thread. Sure glad I bumped my head and forgot everything I knew about rodeo. I do remember it is a drive in Hollywood. Ro da o I think is how it is pronounced. I even forgot the names of the top 15 rodeo drive dog walkers.

Did you know?
    The Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) is excited to announce that it has signed a multi-year renewal with Pendleton Whisky expanding its involvement in ProRodeo. Pendleton Whisky is now the Official Spirit of ProRodeo and a first-right sponsor.
    Pendleton_WhiskiesPage_Stadium-1-1-1400x389.jpg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I wasn't going to mention this, but I will anyway: It's about the Denver rodeo, aka Western National Stock Show & Rodeo, that's been going on since last Thursday night. It is the first big rodeo of the season and we've been watching it on the Cowboy Channel. But, have been pretty disappointed in what we've seen. Last night, all but one barrel racer knocked over a barrel. Even the rodeo announcer stated that he'd never seen that happen before. Only one bull rider got a score (rode the entire 8 seconds). Most of the team ropers missed their steer. Sure glad we haven't gone! But, in with keeping the "hopes" up for better timed-events and rough stock riding, the rodeo goes on all of this week, with a Finals on Sunday.

We definitely aren't into the Flat Hats, worn by many young lady fans today and most definitely don't like seeing baseball caps turned backwards. Many young fans in attendance had both.

So, so far, it's been a pretty disappointing rodeo, but, the Westernaires Equestrian Drill Team are terrific!!

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, I can see nobody is either reading this post or want to comment about it.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

You can have good memories or even better, great memories. But, bottom line still remains that big rodeos are what most people want to see. The best in riders, ropers, etc. that are competing for big money.

Small rodeos are for those contestants that have a full-time job.