Ron Desantis

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Every candidate in the race (except Trump) is currently serving elected office; that's just the way it usually works.

Vada Bloom and Ken Anderson like this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Except that Florida just voted him in for 4 years as governor I'm really surprised if he actually does run. I don't think it's a big deal though because I don't think he can beat Trump.

3. Beverly Boseman

Beverly Boseman Well-Known Member
    Registered

Nikki Haley and Asa Hutchinson aren't.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Many here would love to see a Trump/DeSantis ticket for the next election, and t hen it would be DeSantis/............. for the following election. Just makes good sense to me...

We'll see....but it's doubtfu;

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

I wonder if DeSantis meant that he was going to be granting some pardons Day 1, if he meant the people being put away because of Jan. 6th?? He doesn't say, but it's a heck of a promise if he were to keep it. President Trump is all over that though, he Will have them pardoned is my bet.

Vada Bloom likes this.
  6. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Agreed, probably on the first day because I know he’d love throwing that back in the Democrat’s face.

7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, with unlimited discretionary spending for the next 5 years, The Dems are setting Trump or whomever for failure.

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Notice it ends after the next election.

Mary Stetler and Beth Gallagher like this.
  9. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If the election was this week DeSantis would not beat Trump but there is a very long time to go. I tend to think that Trump may not be a candidate by November 2024. There are several court cases against him in locations where convictions are pretty much assured. I hope conservatives have a strong candidate to replace Trump if things are so bad that he cannot win.

There are a couple of Republicans that I would have to hold my nose pretty tight to mark their name on the ballot.

10. Denise Evans

Registered

LOL, yeah, lets hope Trump's attorneys get him out of those charges. I mean seriously, what the hell is going on when biden has actually murdered people in Afghanistan, or is at the very least responsible for their deaths, and what about the border, and how many criminal acts is he responsible for by letting the doors stay wide open!! Killary's never been held accountable for Benghazi, and who else that should be at the head of the line for prosecution?? This is total corruption to keep President Trump out of office :mad:

11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Trump is disrupting the agenda of the Elite. That is why so much is aligned against him. He once said, "It looks like they're coming after me but they are really coming after YOU. I'm just in their way." I think that is why Biden, who has so many real crimes under his belt gets a free ride while Trump, who must be the cleanest politician in America after surviving all those "investigations" coming out pretty clean, gets all kinds of people trying to get him.

12. Denise Evans

Registered

13. Denise Evans

Registered

You really got it right Don every word I've forgotten that he said that and it's so true because Democrats absolutely hate Republicans conservatives whatever you want to call us but I bet they love the rhinos I hope they all end up drowning in this swamp in their own mess

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  14. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It's a full blown conspiracy to indict Trump in as many ways as possible to keep him out of office. The problem is it's likely to be successful and that's why I think we need a backup. DeSantis works in that role for me but I realize he may not for everyone.

There's a story today that the special prosecutor is about to wrap up the Trump classified documents probe. Merrick Garland will make the decision on criminal charges coming from that. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see Garland passing on a chance to charge Trump.

I don't know how we clean out this rat's nest of government officials that are willing to lie, cheat and steal to keep Democrats in office. Trump did not get that done in his first term.

The House is trying to dig up Biden's dirt and there is news on that today, as well. The problem is that the House may find the smoking guns but they cannot indict Biden. The DOJ belongs to the Democrats. The House has the power to impeach him but maybe not the votes and the Senate would be very unlikely to remove him from office.

There is so much more on the corruption in DC. I could go on and on but I will spare you. I'll just say this country is in the biggest mess it's ever been in IMO.

15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Amen to that!