Ron Desantis

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

All very well said you're really up on what's going on and I'm not I'm ashamed to say I don't watch the news enough plus I'm not that good at retaining it and you obviously are so thank you Veda for everything you shared I love hearing from you anytime I do agree that if Trump cannot run for president then my choice would also be DeSantis I don't know anybody else that would even come close to being able to handle it thanks again Denise sorry no punctuation I'm using voice to text cuz I can't text too clumsy haha

Vada Bloom likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They're not worried about DeSantis because he won't change anything much.

3. Denise Evans

Registered

You don't think so ken after all he's done in Florida what do you think he's paid by the left you could be right

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Whatever his inclinations, he would have had to get stuff done in Florida in order to be in the running, which isn't to say that he didn't.

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Well I wouldn't be surprised if that's what all his showmanship was I just don't understand why some smart-ass lawyers aren't smart enough to get Trump off if he did anything at all wrong what we need is a real life miracle:(

6. Denise Evans

Registered

I also finally came up with one woman that I would truly vote for as vice president and that would be winsome Sears and I mean to run with President Trump I think they'd make a hell of a good pair

Vada Bloom likes this.
  7. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Winsome Sears is very conservative and I think she would be a good choice too, Denise. .

Denise Evans likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

I especially like her, yes, she's a conservative, but also how she says it like it is. I was so impressed with her, and can't believe I didn't think of her when we were all talking about a running mate! What a great VP she would be, and as a President?? Yes, I would vote for her also, and not be afraid if she was to move into the Whitehouse if something happened to the President ;) I think she's a woman that speaks for all of us, male, female, black or white. I've been wrong lots of times in my life, but I just don't think so with Winsome ;)

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow. Ron DeSantis says he’ll end birthright citizenship as president... https://www.yahoo.com/news/ron-desantis-says-ll-end-164208052.html

"Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday unveiled a sweeping plan to overhaul the nation’s immigration system and ramp up border enforcement, vowing to end birthright citizenship, “repel the invasion” at the U.S. southern border and use the “levers at our disposal” to ensure cooperation from Mexico."

DeSantis pledged to end “catch and release” — the policy that allows migrants to be released into the U.S. while they await their asylum hearing — reimpose the so-called “Remain in Mexico” policy and finish Trump’s long-promised, though still incomplete, border wall.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

Those are great ways to win the election, at this point if it can't be Trump I'd vote DeSantis, I give your link a read, thanks Beth ;) Good for him on that "birthright" thing because that's why all the pregnant women were coming across.

It's sad with all the drug, and human trafficking but the US needs to take care of it's own problems before it can help others. It's never made sense to me to be busy across the ponds when there is so much need right here. Is it even possible for us to ever be out of debt after biden's spending spree! Gas prices are ruling the Nations economy and even in this little town you best beat everyone to the grocers or face empty shelves.

Too many people are somehow, still, living high off the hog, and not being effected by the overflow of illegals, high-prices and no medical if all you have is Medicare. People like the ones that own property in Martha's Vinyard for example.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
  11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

The only problem with DeSantis's promise is that the president cannot amend the Constitution, and an executive order trying to end or restrict the right to citizenship of persons born in the United States would almost certainly be challenged in court as a violation of the 14th Amendment.

Nancy Hart and Denise Evans like this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

So how is the Constitution amended? Maybe he can go through the process, with others I mean, and make it happen. Look at all that's happening now that we thought could never happen. I'm not saying for him to do anything illegal, just wondering if there is a legal way to get that ball rolling?

13. Denise Evans

Registered

I don't think that 14th amendment included the "invasion" that's taken place.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

"The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures. None of the 27 amendments to the Constitution have been proposed by constitutional convention. The Congress proposes an amendment in the form of a joint resolution. Since the President does not have a constitutional role in the amendment process, the joint resolution does not go to the White House for signature or approval." https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/constitution

Denise Evans likes this.
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

So I guess all we can hope for is a Congress that stands behind Trump or DeSantis, LOLLLLLLLL! I don't know why I don't just give up, here I thought the President "was" the most powerful man in our world. I'm so naive sometimes (ignorant) it sickens me. I don't understand how the Left gets away with murder, but we can't do one thing to protect America. I'm really starting to believe Republicans and Conservatives are idiots.

Thomas Windom and Beth Gallagher like this.