Ron Desantis

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Another DeSantis rally, and when you watch the whole video, he actually look like he has had a little too much beer to drink. He is making weird faces and waving his arms around as he talks; although it does not show in this screenshot .

IMG_5328.jpeg

2. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

3. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

And there but for the grace of God go you or I

4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

So God has only shed his grace on some people?

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Welp, I guess Ron gave it his best shot. Personally I hate to see him exit the presidential race because I that leaves the mealy-mouthed Nikki Haley and can't wait for her to go away. Here's her statement after DeSantis dropped out of the race...

"We wish him well," Haley said to New Hampshire voters of DeSantis. "Having said that, it's now one fella and one lady left."

What a dynamic communicator; so articulate. I hope the pronoun whiners don't get offended.

Denise Evans and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think DeSantis' donors probably abandoned him in favor of Haley. Now Haley is getting donations from both sides, as apparently many Democrat donors have switched to her from Biden as well. Despite her pronouncements as a "conservative", most, if not all, of her positions are neo- and supportive of the deep state and the bureaucracy.

7. Denise Evans

Registered

I like your way with words @Beth Gallagher I still have hopes for Ron DeSantis, I just think he jumped in over his head, at this time. I wished he'd been more like Vivek in keeping President Trump as an allie, but I don't know who started that, if Trump started it bad-mouthing Ron than that's on Trump. I think he's already said he is endorsing Trump, so that's all good.

I just am not impressed with Nikki Haley at all. I can only hope Trump doesn't pick her just because he thinks he needs a woman as VP.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

How nice of you, Denise. When I was younger I always kept quiet about everything; never wanted to make ripples. I guess all those years of repressed aggression are popping out now that I'm old. :D

I think DeSantis jumped in too soon, expecting Trump's legal problems to keep him out of the race. I don't believe Ron thought he'd be going toe-to-toe with Trump when he started out. I will be curious about what path he'll take when his term-limited governorship expires.

I agree with you about Haley... ick. Hopefully Trump's "don't give a sh!t" attitude will preclude him from choosing a "politically correct" running mate and he will go for someone who is qualified regardless of race, gender, etc. (I'm hoping for someone like Tim Scott at this point.) I'm pretty sure there won't be any hairy old lipstick-wearing unqualified trannys in his cabinet, but stranger things have happened so what do I know.

9. Denise Evans

Registered

We are a lot alike, especially about growing up I was scared to death to raise my hand in class, or speak my mind about anything. Now, well, the rest is history, LOL!! I like Scott too, we can just hope for the best. I am hoping President Trump has learned from picking the wrong people, I mean no one can know for sure, but I just hope hope hope for the best!!

Beth Gallagher and Don Alaska like this.
  10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

He at least realizes he cannot just fire incompetent people like he thought he could do in his first term. That may, if he is re-elected, change the way he approaches the appointment process. I suspect he is reviewing candidates for positions already just in case.

In this administration, competence has no relevance as long as you check a box and toe the "company line".

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Yes, women our age were taught to be ladylike. In some ways I miss the old, respectable me. :D

Denise Evans likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

I'll bet you are right about all that @Don Alaska I imagine it was hard for him to learn all the ropes, most important ones but if I know him, he won't be fooled twice, hope hope hope!! Plus the fact he was being attacked from day one. Too bad some people couldn't just shut up and let him do the job. They were hired (bought and payed for) to work at ruining him every step of the way. Then they got themselves biden, hah!! Some of them have openly changed their minds, but who'd trust them after all they've done. Hopefully not President Trump.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

Yeah, I was innocent, I'm not remembering when though :confused::p

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

She is just proving to conservatives that she ain't woke and to dems that she is as good as Kamala Harris.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'm waiting on some woke jerk to say something to me about "pronouns" or "assigned at birth" so I can finally go to prison.

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.