Ron Desantis

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Right now, the odds makers favor him. This is a betting site that I frequent. It has had a much better track record than polls. Still just odds though and those can change quickly as seen in the graphs.

32206F4E-8472-4EC4-B08C-D7490EB39166.jpeg

https://electionbettingodds.com/

2. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

No. Year after year of the same shit from the same person does. He was always a con artist, misogynistic, lying piece of crap.

3. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

On this forum it doesn't matter what silliness you can come up with, one is not supposed to ask for links or proof of anything said, so keep it coming!

Nancy Hart likes this.
  4. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I imagine it was more the tweets, news, behavior, etc.that formed opinions.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. John West

Registered

My question had more to do with trans/drag queen influence/grooming events on young children

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

By Trump?

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The strong media push against Trump has an effect, at least in the short-term. The media and the Democrats aren't afraid of DeSantis. That should tell us something.

8. John West

Registered

Not to be a contrarian; however, that's not what I am seeing., Aside from the dems I know who are praying that Trump runs (feeling confident he can't win) and DeSantis doesn't, there's this evidence:

DeSantis is ‘scarier’ opponent than Trump, say Democrats - The Hill Note: It can certainly be argued that the writer of this article is less than brilliant or observant.
    Why Democrats Fear DeSantis More than Trump - Latino Source
    Trump and the Left Both Fear DeSantis - Newsweek
    Florida Democrats anxious as DeSantis seems unbeatable - Politico
    Why Ron DeSantis is more dangerous than Trump - MSNBC

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    Nancy Hart likes this.
  9. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

After the midterm crash n burn I don't listen to or watch any insiders talking out their ears. In my lifetime I can think of one President who was chosen because everyone liked and trusted him. Dwight Eisenhower... Today the media is the total definition of an enemy, they lie and distort and change narrative to suit the editing managers whims. It is so bad today you see that NY poof brother of ex governor the murderer Cuomo, is back on the air even after he was guilty of attempting to tarnish the sexual misconduct investigations while he was acting like a clown for cnn. You can't get rid of these people, those networks are just pure dog doo if you want real news.

10. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I just peaked at the msnbc cut. It was from August but they were trying to frighten, before the midterms. They were saying that the spread of deaths from covid was because we weren't getting total vaccination and Illinois was going back to masks for school children because people were not getting kids vaccinated. And they needed to do more about those coming into the US.
    Uhmmmmmm... no mention of the millions streaming across the border--they showed video of an airport.
    This virus 'pandemic' is a crock. I know many died. But they had pre-existing conditions/poor immune systems. Flu has killed every year.
    Now with this Chinese outbreak and deaths mounting with their travel, Biden is talking about restricting the Chinese.
    When Trump tried such restrictions, he was prejudiced and horrible.
    Biden does it and...
    crickets.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  11. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

For me, it has nothing to do with whether Trump is a likable person. It’s not a popularity contest, or sure shouldn’t be. He is not, for me at least, anybody I would choose to associate with. I voted for him because he was not a career politician, he said he was in favor of less intrusive government and I wanted to keep Hillary out of office. Having done so, I was very pleased with the vast majority of his accomplishments in office. Overall, I have very few regrets on his accomplishments but he should STFU a lot of times and lose Twitter.

12. John West

Registered

I voted for him twice. The main regrets that I have with Trump is that he wouldn't STFU, couldn't pick the right people, unnecessarily angered a lot of people and didn't listen to advice. All of this created a perfect storm of opportunity for people to focus on his behavior and the dems to gather a lot of perceptual ammunition to tilt the election. Trump should have beaten Biden like a rented mule but instead, he made a non-presidential spectacle of himself, lost the election and the country became, as a result, worse off than before.he was elected.

Thomas Windom and Beth Gallagher like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Think about what you just posted for a moment. Given that these are all liberal media outlets, aligned with the Democrat Party, these articles are designed to do exactly what you are suggesting, although you don't realize it, which is to encourage Republicans to nominate DeSantis rather than Trump. If the Democrats wanted to run against Trump in 2024, they would be encouraging Republicans to nominate him.

Democrats play the long game. Trump has already undergone the largest media attack that any president has ever faced, including phony legislative investigations suggesting that he is pretty much the worst thing possible and that he's going to be in prison, and so on. This is intended to separate former Trump supporters, and now they are putting forth the candidate they want the Republicans to put up - DeSantis. Even if he wins, they know that he won't buck the system.

As I've said before, if DeSantis is on the general election ballot, I might vote for him because he will probably undo some of the social craziness that's going on, making life a little more livable in the short term, and he might slow the march to total tyranny in some small ways, as Reagan did, but I suspect he's on the same team as the progressives and he's not going to reverse the global progressive agenda.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. John West

Registered

DeSantis Brought Down The House: Aside from his actions, DeSantis seems to be focusing on the important "long game". From PJ Media on the governor's inaugural speech:

Calling Florida a “promised land of sanity” in a sea of cities being destroyed by woke ideology, DeSantis noted that “Many of these cities and states have embraced faddish ideology at the expense of enduring principles. They have harmed public safety by coddling criminals and attacking law enforcement. They have imposed unreasonable burdens on taxpayers to finance unfathomable levels of public spending. They have harmed education by subordinating the interests of students and parents to partisan interest groups.”

“They have imposed medical authoritarianism in the guise of pandemic mandates and restrictions that lack a scientific basis. [applause] This bizarre, but prevalent, ideology that permeates these policy measures purports to act in the name of justice for the marginalized, but it frowns upon American institutions, it rejects merit and achievement, and it advocates identity essentialism,” said DeSantis.

The crowd went wild when he declared: “We reject this woke ideology! We seek normalcy, not philosophical lunacy! We will not allow reality, facts, and truth to become optional. We will never surrender to the woke mob. Florida is where woke goes to die!

15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm surprised any network would hire Cuomo, but apparently his ratings are in the tank. Boo hoo. https://nypost.com/2022/10/30/chris-cuomo-demands-new-time-slot-at-newsnation-as-ratings-tank/

As far as DeSantis, his popularity seems to be growing. I'm still thinking that if Trump remains a factor in 2024, the republicans will lose again because the party is splintered.