Ron Desantis

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Dec 14, 2022.

1. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

A tell-tale sign is that TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) has been, to a great degree, replaced by DDS, which is on the rise. I will say this again, "None of the dems I know are afraid of Trump but are scared of DeSantis." I do understand that's a small sample but it is telling and reflects what seems to be happening.. Given that (1) the dems don't like Trump, (2) a good portion of the GOP doesn't want Trump, (2) the GOP money men are dubious of Trump, (3) independents, especially women, are cool on Trump and (4) the emergence of DDS; I'd say the probability is good that Trump is now or about to be yesterday's burned toast. I also think Desantis will be more difficult to burn. His mouth is more controlled, he seems better at choosing people, he doesn't go around pissing people off and appears to have a laser focus on issues.

Edit Note: If I was going to drain a swamp, the last thing I'd do is go around making sure every creature therein knew of my intentions.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
  2. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The progressive media is powerful, and they usually get what they want.

4. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

And there, besides trusting the wrong people, is Trump’s other weakness, running his mouth. As much as I like the things he did in office, he needs to learn to STFU.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

He's busy taking credit for McCarthy's "win." :rolleyes:

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It shouldn't be, but it was a given that McCarthy was going to win. These things are ordained, seemingly, by powers far greater than those who are casting the votes. The stalling was just about getting concessions that McCarthy will probably not live up to, anyhow.

Krystal Shay and Denise Evans like this.
  7. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I freely admit that Ron DeSantis is definitely someone I would vote for. I've been wrong so many times in my life about "people", I'm not saying I'm right, just saying I like his record, what I know about it. I've had lots of doubts about President Trump, and I give so much credit to all he got done for us, but I think many more people in the US might come together under De Santis. The people who don't like his record, or have some sort of personal grudge, will always find fault with a conservative President like De Santis.

I just have it in my mind that De Santis may be best for the whole of American's. I don't know that he would leave his position, at this time (2024) though, just a feeling I have is all. I just had/have a feeling Jim Jordon would have been a better Speaker of the House but he didn't want it. I do respect what he had to say about McCarthy but more will be revealed ;)

Mary Stetler likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

I now have another take on this because of what Bongino had to say. He said that it was how it should be in the House (definitely paraphrasing) people hashing things out and too bad if the American people were driven crazy by the process.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  9. Thomas Windom

Registered

Lauren Boebert nailed it in her email about the negotiations.

4F577390-04EA-4297-AEA3-CCEB1367D3D0.jpeg

John West and Denise Evans like this.
  10. Thomas Windom

Registered

Here is another good letter to constituents.
    WASHINGTON - Congresswoman Mary Miller (R-IL) released the following statement on the historic conservative victory to ensure the House of Representatives stops reckless spending and holds the Biden Administration accountable to the American people:

"I promised my constituents that I would fight to change the status quo in the DC swamp, and thanks to 20 members who insisted on change, we can now celebrate a historic victory for the conservative movement despite intense pressure for us to give up and accept business as usual in Washington.

After intense negotiations and hard work by House Freedom Caucus members and House Republican leadership, we changed the rules to ensure that a Republican-controlled House cannot betray conservatives the way that Senate Republicans did when they passed Joe Biden's $1.7 trillion omnibus. With 40-year high inflation and $31 trillion in debt, we must save our country for our children and grandchildren.

Our conservative policy package includes:
    • The power to block an omnibus spending bill from the Senate
    • The power to eliminate waste by making direct budget cuts to the federal bureaucracy and spending caps to cut spending
    • A balanced federal budget over the next 10 years
    • A “Church-style” Committee to Investigate the Weaponization of the Federal Government, including the Biden Department of Justice
    • A Southern Border Security Plan
    • The end of COVID mandates and funding for them
    • Requiring 72 hours to read a bill before the vote
    • The power for one member to call a vote for a new Speaker
    I want to thank President Donald Trump, Freedom Caucus Chairman Scott Perry, Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan, and Speaker Kevin McCarthy for their work making this victory for the conservative movement and the American people possible. I look forward to working with the House Republican Conference to stop Joe Biden's destructive, radical, leftist agenda!”

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

Thanks so much for sharing that Thomas, I say she is right on!! If McCarthy doesn't deliver, then I think there is something in "his promises" that will hold him accountable or we can get him outa there!!

I'll add Mary to my list of people to thank for her letter!! Where did you find these @Thomas Windom ? Excellent stuff! My attitude has done a complete 180 now that I understand what the hold-up was about. A wonderful start for a New Year, and a new House of Representative

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
    Thomas Windom likes this.
  12. Thomas Windom

Registered

Exactly right. Pelosi made sure she had unchallenged authority in the house because she operated without those rules which, contrary to screams of protests from democrats, are simply a return to the way it used to be. I frequent a couple different forums and read on line a lot so I stumble across a fair number of interesting things.

I also think Boebert made a very important point. Even a little bit of leverage can accomplish a lot if those involved just stick to their guns. This is probably the only hopeful thing I’ve seen happen in Biden’s disastrous tenure.

Denise Evans likes this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

Most of California voters didn't want McCarthy in as governor so that says quite a bit for him in my opinion. I for one need to educate myself, and want to start watching "live" broadcasts more like the one we saw here in our House. Too many people choosing ignorance in "supposedly" having peace on Earth, hah!!

Ken Anderson likes this.
  14. Denise Evans

Registered

I've become cynical about all government, but understanding/learning more about this process that was just completed is maybe an answer to prayer. Instead though, when I saw the vote go on and on I started fretting about "Oh no, if they don't get McCarthy in, we may end up with Hakeem, or worse"! But now I'm grateful to our conservatives hold-outs!

I don't think they'll pussy-foot around if Mr. McCarthy doesn't come through on his promises either! I'm also going to be careful from now on, who I call a Rhino. I'll study up on what they're saying before I condemn them by just going with the loudest screamers ;)

15. Denise Evans

Registered

If I don't feel confident in a candidate, I won't just vote for the "supposedly" conservative, but I will be looking at their past record. I think I would not vote if it was a case of "lesser of 2 evils" because I don't believe there is a scale from 1-10 anymore than a sin in God's eyes. So I'd rather not vote :(

Ken Anderson likes this.