Ron Desantis

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Dec 14, 2022.

1. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

DeSantis' Crackdown On China: From Florida Politics -

Gov. Ron DeSantis signed an executive order Thursday prohibiting state agencies from contracting with Chinese-based companies for projects that could allow them to access Floridians’ personal data. It’s part of a broader crackdown on the Chinese government’s attempts to “infiltrate” institutions throughout the country. DeSantis also said he’ll push the Legislature next year to ban gifts from certain “malign” foreign countries, such as China, Russia, Cuba and Iran, to higher education institutions.

[snip]

DeSantis also bashed the tactic of the Chinese government of buying tracts of agricultural land in the U.S., as well as land nearby U.S. military institutions. He said more than 5% of Florida’s agricultural land is foreign-owned, although he admitted that includes friendly countries such as the United Kingdom and didn’t specify how much Florida land was owned by the Chinese government.
    Where are the other GOP 'leaders', movers and shakers on this issue? Where was/is Trump on this?

Denise Evans and Mary Stetler like this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

The whole country should be doing this, so thank God we've got at least one State Governor that stands up for what is right. Personally, I am sick of seeing "Made in China", or other countries for that matter when I know we could get our economy back if we'd stop giving out freebies to those well able to work. Biden is theeeeee most corrupt man that's ever been elected to any office in America and when I say biden, that means all his corrupt minions as well.

If we don't put a stop to the insanity China will own us, if they don't already :mad:

I tried to listen to Ron's speech on Youtube but had some trouble do to bad weather here I guess. Thank you much for making a post on him cracking down on China. By the way, how does China enforce that law that tells couple they can only have x amount of children? Maybe they take the extras and make slaves of them for their sweat-shops.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I agree, for the most part, although I'm not so sure that anyone has actually told Biden what he's doing. Still, whether he's watching or not, it's on his watch. Transferring American jobs to China began long before the Biden Administration, however. I think we can go back as far as Nixon for that, and US government policy has been to encourage American businesses to move their operations to China under both Republican and Democrat Administrations, with the sole exception of the Trump Administration, and, even then, they had him so tied up in phony investigations that he didn't get nearly as much done as I'm sure he had hoped to.

Krystal Shay and Denise Evans like this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

I don't really believe DeSantis will run in 2024. It's hard for me to be thinking already of another year going by, and not being rid of biden yet. Yes, I don't normally capitalize names that I have no (ZERO) respect for at all.

We're in this mess because too many of us have stood by while BIG Money took control, too many elected to office sold out to that BIG money, and again, too darn many people went on partying, enjoying what America has given them, and to heck with the crooks taking over. History just repeating itself, inevitable :( Oh well, God said it was going to happen, don't know why I waste my time belly-akin about it:rolleyes:

5. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This TDS really disgusts me. Trump was on track to do some really good things. I think his push to implement “Schedule F” is what really drove the swamp into full blown hate and hysteria. We had a chance.

Krystal Shay and Denise Evans like this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, it's been a long time coming for China taking over, and America crumbling. No, one person is responsible. Bent on destruction comes to mind.

Krystal Shay and Ken Anderson like this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes we did, and somehow it got blown! I'm not up to date on the Grand Jury and Jan. 6, but hoping for the best for President Trump. He must be a glutton for punishment or just loves a challenge, because there's never been a greater challenge for America than the goofy people that live here :rolleyes:

Thomas Windom likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

White House blasts DeSantis for deploying National Guard to deal with Cuban migrants https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-ho...rd-to-deal-with-cuban-migrants-231533299.html

Last week, DeSantis deployed the National Guard to deal with what his office described as an “alarming influx of migrants landing in the Florida Keys,” though it was unclear just what the Guard’s role would be.

According to the governor’s office, 300 migrants fleeing Cuba and other countries landed at Dry Tortugas National Park last week, and another 45 made landfall at Key West.

“As the negative impacts of Biden’s lawless immigration policies continue unabated, the burden of the Biden administration’s failure falls on local law enforcement who lack the resources to deal with the crisis,” he said.

Anytime the White House "blasts" him, his popularity bumps up again. :D

John West likes this.
  9. John West

Registered

Gov. DeSantis Lowers the *BOOM* on Florida Teachers' Unions: From Fox News:

For too long, public school unions have enjoyed special privileges from states and education systems across America. They negotiate salaries, benefits, and other school policies through the collective bargaining process. They take their funding, the vast share of which is spent on political causes, directly from teacher paychecks. They roll over teacher membership year after year without any action from the teacher.

The devastation wrought by the COVID-19 pandemic opened parents’ eyes to the unions’ abuse of these privileges. Now, leaders like Governor Ron DeSantis of Florida are showing the grit required to take on entrenched interest groups and reduce their unwarranted influence over America’s schools.

Capitalizing on his recent drubbing of pro-teacher union gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist and dozens of anti-education freedom school board candidates, Governor DeSantis announced to Florida school board members and future candidates in December an ambitious "Freedom Blueprint" that would disrupt public K–12 schools’ cozy relationships with unions and restore to teachers the agency to decide whether they wish to join or remain with these unaccountable, ideologically driven interest groups.
    More at Source.
    Having seen the destructive nature of teachers' unions up close (i.e., dumbing down curriculum, protecting bad teachers, driving out good ones, politicizing the system, etc.), it's about time. Also, I guess this will put him the union's shit list.

10. Denise Evans

Registered

I doubt Ron DeSantis is afraid of being on anyone's S-list. Like you say, he has grit, true grit imo. I don't think there's anything fake about him at all, but I've been wrong before :D Excellent info btw @John West, loved hearing it!

John West likes this.
  11. John West

Registered

Since DeSantis is on my radar as a potential candidate, antennae picked this up today:

Gov. DeSantis To Receive Gold Medal From Union League Of Philadelphia:

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis will receive the Union League of Philadelphia’s highest honor Tuesday, first bestowed on President Abraham Lincoln in 1863. DeSantis will receive a gold medal of honor from the prestigious club, a historical society founded in 1862 based on the values of freedom and free enterprise, according to the League’s official website. The medal was created “to be conferred on men who were regarded as deserving well of their country,” the Union League Heritage Center noted.

[snip}

Advocacy groups including the Black Clergy of Philadelphia and Vicinity, the Philadelphia sector of the NAACP, the Black Women’s Leadership Council, the Black Voters Matter Fund, the National Action Network and some Philadelphia City Council members will hold a press conference at noon denouncing the decision. Source.
    There's the old saying suggesting that if you're getting flak, you might be over the target.

12. Denise Evans

Registered

That gave me chills, good chills and I couldn't have said it better than whoever coined the phrase ;) I just heard an interview on Harris Falkner, or Outnumbered I think it was and I loved what she had to say about DeSantis decision on an AP Class on African American (Black History) that had some "Queer Theory" in it. I think she is dead-on target as well, oops, it started at beginning, apologies! You can skip to 2 minutes into video and see what I'm talking about ;):

Mary Stetler and John West like this.
  13. John West

Registered

DeSantis Wins Lawsuit Dealing With Illegal Immigrant Flights to Martha's Vineyard: From Redstate:

Ron DeSantis set off a firestorm back in September after sending flights of illegal immigrants to Martha’s Vineyard, a self-described “sanctuary city” and playground for the leftwing elite.
    Immediately, DeSantis was accused of being criminally and civilly liable for giving people rides that they volunteered to take. A local sheriff opened an investigation, claiming the Florida governor broke the law by supposedly coercing the illegal immigrants. Meanwhile, Rep. Adam Schiff called for a House select committee on the matter.

Then there were the ridiculous lawsuits filed by illegal immigrants and government accountability groups. [snip] Now, one of the lawsuits has come to a conclusion, and once again, DeSantis has won the day. [snip]

What does this show about DeSantis? I think it’s more evidence that he chooses his battles wisely. Yes, he’s a tough talker, but if you don’t win, then what’s the point? The evolution of conservatism is one that doesn’t hand its enemies easy victories and stays two steps ahead. That’s how you win elections and actually push through reforms in the current environment.
    In a related note, Trump seems to be taking aim at DeSantis again. Yet another, ill-timed, immature and stupid move by Trump, IMO.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Trump is a declared candidate for president and DeSantis is yet unannounced, but generally considered to be a likely candidate, so of course he is going to say negative things about him. He's in campaign mode. People don't win primaries or elections by talking about how wonderful their opponents are.

15. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

What is well known is that Trump actually accomplished things while being targeted by the real criminals in government. Now that hillary the thieving b h was not charged with all of her crimes and a silent coup de tat at the very top, they actually think they won and can continue with the lawlessness such as trying to make him look bad with an illegal entry on his property. That most likely came from the low life AG himself, biden already has enough on his plate that he knows sooner or later will put him and his crackhead son into prison. That AG was kissing up knowing he too is going to be removed soon, it's coming. Now you watch, just as soon as DeSantis announces his run for President they will already have all the dirt script written and rehearsed. I think the conservatives should start playing the same game and bury these people with dirt, good practice for it will come soon for most of them due to age.