Ron Desantis

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sadly, no one in the Biden family is going to do any jail time. I mean Hillary should be in jail with what she did and would be if she was one of us regular people. Laws for thee, none for me, their slogan to live by.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  2. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Trump's behavioral badmouthing other republicans has a balkanizing effect. Making enemies of those who could help/support you isn't very smart, IMHO. You might get the idea that Trump thinks he's got Florida all wrapped up.

Edit Note: There's an interesting op-ed in American Thinker entitled Is Donald Trump Worth The Fight?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

and I think bad-mouthing Donald Trump who (everyone knows his flaws) deserves respect for all that he did for America. Hell, there are a lot of people that wouldn't even have stepped up to vote until he showed up. We'd had 4 years or more of Hilary Clinton if it weren't for Trump. For this American, he did a damn good job. How easily people forget hey :rolleyes:

With that said, I believe DeSantis to be the best for America (for now, more will be revealed) and the Whitehouse. I can vote for him and still love President Trump.

Ron DeSantis isn't going to lose any sleep over Trump "statements" or anyone else's.

4. Denise Evans

Registered

Glad I saw this @Ken Anderson, well said;)

5. Denise Evans

Registered

I think crimes against humanity will be punished, and it will make jail-time feel like a trip to disney-land ;)

6. Denise Evans

Registered

DeSantis answering question on "why it took so long" to get go against DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) in our schools:
    (as usual, ignore the title of the video, I wonder who is titling these :rolleyes:o_O)

7. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Trump Goes Left To Badmouth DeSantis Yet Again In An Odd Rant. From the NY Post:

Former President Donald Trump swung left in his latest bizarre attack on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, on Tuesday accusing him of wanting to cut Social Security and Medicare and calling him a “wheelchair over the cliff kind of guy” in an all-caps blast
    [snip]​
    DeSantis, coming off a legislative win over Disney in Florida after the entertainment giant lobbied against his Parental Rights in Education law — dubbed the “Don’t Say Gay” act by critics — is looking more and more like a presidential contender.
    [snip]
    Trump has rolled out the Democratic talking point to troll DeSantis before. Source.
    Once more a lone voice in the wilderness for criticizing Trump's communications behavior, I now have a lot of company on various conservative forums and it looks well on its way to becoming a majority viewpoint online. Like me, they're saying Trump should STFU and act like a mature adult or get off the stage After his (now best seller) book and interview with Mark Levin on Fox, DeSantis is kicking Trump's butt without announcing or jousting with him. I hate to say it but compared to DeSantis, Trump's like an immature, narcissistic, sandbox bully who doesn't seem to understand the concept of media overexposure. IMHO, there's no way he is going to win in 2024. Trump will lose every blue state, likely lose most of the women's vote and the majority of the independent vote.

8. Denise Evans

Registered

But if DeSantis doesn't run, who have we got that can do the job Trump did?? Butt-head or not, his list of accomplishments "for" America can't be beat as far as I know. I do get irritated with him as well, but for me it's more about his actions, not his so-called inappropriate language/comments.

9. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If choosing a President was only about his personality we would be a nation who have never had a President. I look at a store shelf now with everything starting at "5" dollars. Just yesterday I was shopping and a cheap gallon of ice cream that sold for 5 dollars last year is now almost 9 dollars after taxes. The world is totally upside down with every American enemy aligned together due to this half wit thief in our white house. Yet all people can do is complain how Trump hurt their feelings and talked badly. People better wake and talk badly for a while themselves, at least until all the thieves and traitors in the white house are locked up. I want a simple gallon of cheap ice cream, I don't care what Trump said. I do care that we have coup plotters walking around freely running their mouths and laughing at people who help them stay out of prison or out of the shadow of a gallows . People seem to be focused on the wrong things. I hope that people remember what was accomplished while under siege from the likes of who is sitting in our white house now or should say napping. It was said this morning that the half wit will cost us a trillion dollars if the supreme court does not kill this education debt illegal order or mandate. One justice, the democrat who was never a judge but now an ever so powerful nobody, said she didn't believe the people who filed the suit were damaged by the actions. That's right, they believe our pockets are now theirs and at a whim just force everyone to pay other peoples debts because it buys another vote for them. I can't think of a better way to start civil wars than be forced to watch your children not go to college because you can't afford to send them while you pay more taxes to send the losers for free. There is nothing good about this half wit sleeping in the oval office, or the people in the backrooms using him because he is brain dead to his toes. If you look around Trump looks pretty good to me, because he does get things done.

10. Denise Evans

Registered

Well said, sometimes I need a wake-up call when I start feeling "not so sure about Trump". I'd like to "hear" exactly what he said too because since when do the journalist's at New York Post or any other journalists ever get it right, in writing anyway??

Beside all that, I just don't think DeSantis is going to run because I think the people of Florida might not want to share, lol!!

Ken Anderson likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've heard people who don't even have a Twitter account say that they hated that he was tweeting stuff all the time. Of course, they were getting that from a media that (at least once, because I checked) referred to one tweet as a "tweet storm."

12. Denise Evans

Registered

Isn't that the world we live in, it's just like that little gossip-game I was taught when I was little. You have each person whisper the exact thing they heard from the person before them, and by the time it gets passed to each person, it comes out totally different:rolleyes:

I think we're having a competition, in the media atleast, called Who's the Biggest Liar ;) PS I can't leave the Left out of that competition either. As far as biden, I doubt he even knows the truth.

John Houlihan and Ken Anderson like this.
  13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was listening to XM Radio today, and DeSantis had is own show. I did not catch it from the beginning. I don't see anything on the web regarding him having his own talk show, and this displaced XM's most popular talking head, so perhaps it was a broadcast of a show he does locally. I like listening to him.

14. Denise Evans

Registered

You're kidding, geesh, when does the guy find time to do all that he does ;) I love listening to DeSantis, you're not lying to me are you John because I can be pretty naive, LOL!!

15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, that would be me. I've never had a twit account and don't ever plan to.

Thomas Stillhere and John West like this.