Sanctuary Cities

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Martin Alonzo, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Trump is a genius on this one. He told the press and Democrats that he is going to release all the incoming migrants into the sanctuary cities. After he said that the Democrats went crazy saying you cannot do that they will cause harm and then went on to say all the negative thing about immigrants. The Democrats are saying Trump is using the same immigrates that the Democrats have for years and for the same reason

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

It doesn't matter what Trump says about anything; the libs will lose their freakin' minds. If if wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

Al Amoling and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think Trump started taking about it because he realized what the reaction would be. I think it is the NIMBY idea.

Martin Alonzo and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

President Trump lives rent free in the "minds" of the Democrat "leadership".

Beth Gallagher and Martin Alonzo like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I am a proponent of cutting all Federal money to "sanctuary" anything. They are breaking the laws of our country; why should my taxes support them?

Al Amoling and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

139AEFC5-C525-443B-A3EB-3468C18ACACB.jpeg

I totally think that he has a great idea here, and sending illegals to the sanctuary cities is a perfect solution, in more ways than one.
    The liberals have been saying for some time now, how important it was to have the sanctuary cities for the illegals to go to, and now they have completely reversed that, and think that it is a terrible thing to send the illegals to a sanctuary city.

The reason that the liberals do not like this has NOTHING to do with whether they think this is a good or bad place for the people being sent there.
    It is because those cities are already controlled by liberals, and so having an extra million (give or take) votes from there is not going to make any difference at all, since those areas always vote liberal anyway.
    They want the new people sent to areas where there is a good likelihood of Republicans winning, so that they can sway the vote, and not where they already know they will win.

7. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

Just one of the Google references to democrats defending sanctuary cities.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/13/democrats-block-vote-sanctuary-cities/

Lead sentence from a Yahoo news story.

After President Donald Trump threatened to send immigrants into “sanctuary cities” across the country, the mayor of Seattle responded that her city “isn’t afraid of immigrants.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/seattle-mayor-responds-president-trump-211824331.html

I noticed the word "illegal" was missing from Seattle's mayor's response. That is kind of misleading, but misdirection technique politicians make use of. I doubt anyone fears legal immigrants. but The quantity & impact of illegals and the democrats defense of illegals, I'm pretty sure will be part of any 2020 republican candidates campaign. The 2020 election should be interesting.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Some of the cities with the very worst problems with homeless people are the same cities that are sanctuary cities. What are the local government people thinking ?
    They need to help the homeless that they already have (and don’t have enough funds to take care of) and not add more people in that will add to the problem of homelessness and crime, which is rampant in these places.
    KOMO news television channel in Seattle has an hour long special that covers what is happening there, and it is likely the same in the other cities, too.

9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

This was a brave production created by a major TV station in Seattle. The only problem I see is that the people who created the problem seem to be totally clueless.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

That video documentary is appalling, Yvonne. I'm actually shocked by the situation in Seattle.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Now, would you believe, at least when I lived there (in Anaheim, California), all of the Chief Auto Parts stores had isle description signs (parts on shelves) in English, Vietnamese and Spanish.

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

When I was in the ministry in Seattle, a group of us went on “night watch” which was simply a trek to give coffee, sandwiches, blankets and other warm clothing to people living on the streets during the winter. We also offered everyone the opportunity to get out of the cold and go to the mission or a cooperating church but it’s unbelievable how many refused that offer.
    So many of them actually live under bridges and in alcoves for months and years and as a matter of fact, one of my graduates in the “New Creations” program had lived under the same bridge for 14 years before he entered the program.

Unfortunately, one night whilst on the watch we found 6 people who had frozen to death. It’s beyond imaginable how badly the city of Seattle is managed and even worse than unimaginable are some of the laws in Washington state that help create such a bad atmosphere.
    I once observed a policeman giving a homeless guy a jaywalking ticket whilst another man, just 10 feet away from him was smoking crack who incidentally, didn’t get busted.

13. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Bobby Cole
    It is a blessing to hear from people who have helped the homeless and just wonder the percentage where Americans born here and how many are immigrants. It is sad to see an American freezing to death while an immigrant gets well fare and a home. These people helping illegals but not wanting to help the true patriots who are having a bad time.

God bless you Mr. Cole

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

As that documentary explained, the problem in Seattle is drugs and the ham-strung police unable to enforce the EXISTING LAWS because of the mayor/city officials. So the issue is much more complex than simply "homeless." What a mess.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

The vast majority of homeless are in that condition through choice or mental illness. Back during the Raygun administration it was decided that it was to expensive to house he mentally ill and that it was somehow a violation of their civil rights to restrict them to an institutional or heavily monitored life. We end up with people defecating on the sidewalk,accosting people for handouts,screaming yelling and assaulting citizens.
    We need to bring back restricted housing and mandatory supervision .

Back on topic. Why are we turning them loose any where? Why bother hassling them at the border if they are going to be let free at all. I have not heard of a single"sanctuary" municipality bitch about this proposal, I have heard a ton of pundits on both sides attempting to make political hay out of this. If we are putting them of the bus any way what difference if it is Salt Lake or Syracuse, Phoenix or Philadelphia? What difference does it make?