Sanctuary Cities

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Martin Alonzo, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yes it is Beth.
    One weekday morning I observed 3 little girls (about 10-13 years of age) following closely behind a guy who most of us suspected as being a pimp.
    Note: Since it was across the alleyway from the mission, it wasn’t hard to see what was transpiring.

The guy arrived at a door and then unlocked it and ushered the girls through the door. A beat cop walked around the corner a couple of minutes later so I told him about it and he told me that yes, he saw it too but the laws of the State of Washington forbade him from approaching the girls, even on a school day, unless they were doing something criminal such as shop lifting or yeah, jaywalking.

I was used to the people sitting in the park across one of the other streets of the mission sitting around and doing dope but that incident really shook me.
    Of course, there was an incident between the pimp and myself a little later on, and thankfully, there were no cops around when it took place. It’s difficult at times to remember that I’m a man of peace.

There is one thing I would like to add however which is a little more on topic.
    The entire 3rd floor of the mission is dedicated to male Latino migrants. They learn to speak English, get a job and fill out the necessary paperwork in order to get a legal status in the U.S.
    In short, it’s a sanctuary within a sanctuary.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If you watched the video posted by your wife, it was pointed out that much of the trouble is generated by the laws in Washington and Seattle and the lack of prosecution. We are starting to have the same issues in Anchorage. The "remedies" have been brought up to Alaska by politicians from California largely and a very corrupt voting system in that city put in place by those folks.

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

So because Reagan did this in California the destruction occurred magically all over the country?

4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

He also pushed it through on the national stage, @Al Amoling. It was controversial when he did it, as those not capable of supporting themselves were not separated from the others.

5. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

I think the difference would be the cities that want to house and care for illegals would be more of what the illegals are seeking. For the government those that are transported there waiting for their court date hopefully would stay in the city they were sent to.

As for court appearance it depends on what each thinks is acceptable. There is an arguement that 70% show up. That means 30% don't show up. There are those that accept percent and believe that is OK. There are people like me that think in terms of numbers instead of percents. Using 396,579 that 30% translates to 118,937. For me that 118,937 illegal status isn't acceptable. I couldn't find statistics on those that appeared and were supposed to be deported but managed to avoid deportation.

Only quantity I was able to find.

How many people are caught attempting to illegally cross the southern border every year?
    Fact: 396,579 people were caught illegally crossing the border in the year ending September 30, 2018.
    Source: U.S. Customs and Border Patrol

What quantity of illegals do you think is acceptable?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Zero is the acceptable line but logically, that is a goal that will never be achieved even with a wall and millions of dollars worth of technology.

7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

If you remember, the Obama Administration placed them in small conservative-leaning towns in places like Georgia, Alabama, and Texas. I suspect he set the standard of abuse just as he did with the IRS targeting conservative organizations.

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

It's interesting and amusing that these sanctuary cities don't want to actually provide sanctuary for illegal immigrants. When illegals actually begin arriving, they cry for help.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry, Ken, I had to come back. Your forum is just to interesting to stay away for very long.

Anyway, I totally agree with you here.........totally.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yeah, and they are huge metro areas. They don't consider the impact of the hordes swarming those tiny border towns. "Boo hoo."

Don Alaska and John Houlihan like this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Democrat definition of Sanctuary City: Somewhere else.

13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

"NIMBY."

14. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Not sure who said it, since they claim is wasn't Burke, but it is very true,

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing", and we did sit back on our laurels and let the evil men rule over us, on top of the wolves in sheep's clothing aka RINOs' working with them.

I like using quotes from people I 'usually 'like or partially agree with,

" Neither a wise man nor a brave man lays down on the tracks for the train of the future to run over him".
    America didn't just lay down Thery tied themselves on the track.
    Was it John Adams who said ' those who worry more about security than liberty will end up losing both security and liberty? My memory isn't what it used to be.

"

John Houlihan and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Most don't come for help, they come for total support, and few assimilate. Sure, sooner or later some get work but even then, they still receive some kind of welfare be it living quarters or food stamps.

"[​IMG]

John Houlihan likes this.