Secret Diary. Do Not Read

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Beth Gallagher, May 26, 2021.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That is true, @Beth Gallagher and @Frank Sanoica. I just meant that it is unfortunate that Beth is closed to meditation in any form. I taught myself when I was younger, and it helps get through painful times . It is a state of mind like hypnosis except you have total control of everything. I just thought it would help ease the discomfort Beth is going through. I didn't mean to offend.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

No offense taken, bud. I appreciate you.

3. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Got some sad news last night... my older sister has Covid. She and my BIL were vaccinated a few months ago. I'm so worried about her.

Faye Fox likes this.
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

It seems to be everywhere that it is affecting those that are vaccinated. I hope she doesn't get sick. Keep us posted. I like first-hand info over all the internet chatter. Did she have symptoms or just find out from being tested?

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

She is very sick. Went to walk in clinic since hospitals are full and overflowing.

6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Don Alaska

Heck, the fact that I brought it up was intended for @Beth Gallagher 's benefit, and not to imply distaste for your remark at all. You seldom if ever offend........:)

Frank

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I think the vaccine is creating a false sense of security and those who are vaccinated ignore things like distancing when in hazardous environments.

Faye Fox, Ed Wilson and Frank Sanoica like this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I haven't been feeling great lately but I suppose that's to be expected. I have quite a bit of soreness, tightness and random pains from the surgical wound. On Friday I had one drain removed, but I still have one to deal with. I expect it to be removed next Wednesday. :confused:

My sister has made a good recovery from Covid, well enough to chide me and piss me off again. I'm glad she's better but I'll be "sleeping " when she calls again. :mad:

9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh Lord .. well at least she is better.:D

10. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

You got that right. Trust but verify and investigate.Thye put me on the stent assembly line.Why not they got $129,000 a stent so they put in 2 of them. A ballon [fotgot medical word] would have done just as good and not permanant hardware that can't be removed yet can cause other problems.:mad:.I knew better but family listening to the 'doctors' .I think we should be involved in our care but they got me at a weakened state . I was learning how to deal with the stroke the last jokers caused me. There were lots waiting in line to go into OR after me for same thing,

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I would appreciate if the vaccine discussion could move to one of the vaccine threads. Thanks.

Yvonne Smith, Don Alaska and Faye Fox like this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Moved. If there are others that are off-topic here , message me and I will take care of it, @Beth Gallagher .

Beth Gallagher and Faye Fox like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks, Yvonne. This thread really has no "topic" so I don't mind it wandering a bit. :D I'm just so freakin' tired of every discussion turning to another Covid or vaccine argument. Thanks for moving those posts.

Yvonne Smith and Faye Fox like this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I have had kind of a miserable week; I really expected to feel better by now but somehow I don't. :( I have a lot of numbness and nerve-type burning pain, plus it feels like there's a bag of golf balls in my armpit. The surgical wound looks good; it's healing well but all the "collateral damage" of cut nerves and 32 dissected lymph nodes makes for an unpleasant recovery. I have read that it can take months or years for some of the nerve pain to resolve...ugh.

One bit of good news; the remaining drain will be removed tomorrow and I can't wait for that thing to be gone. I'm so tired of sleeping on my back. I'll be able to do more aggressive range-of-motion exercises once the drain is out.

I also have a followup appointment with the surgical oncologist and a physical therapy session tomorrow. I hope that the PT will give me some massage/stretching exercises that will help the tightness and nerve pain. So I'll be at MDA most of tomorrow, and traveling home in Houston rush hour. :confused:

Yvonne Smith and Faye Fox like this.
  15. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Sorry to hear that you are having some trouble, @Beth Gallagher. You didn't mention where the stinging pain and numbness was located. I have found that ointments and creams containing Apis mellifera (honey bee extract) has been helpful in relieving these symptoms in some people. There is a cream found at Kroger and WalMart that is marketed for diabetic neuropathy called Pain Relieving Foot Cream. It is marketed for the feet and legs, but can be used anywhere for stinging pain and numbness are found. It is pretty innocuous stuff, but I wouldn't apply it near any wounds or incisions without a doc's approval.

Here is an ointment available from eBay that is similar.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    Beth Gallagher likes this.