Secret Diary. Do Not Read

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Beth Gallagher, May 26, 2021.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So we finally got to see the baby 'keets. SO CUTE.

peeps.jpg

peeps2.JPG

The 3rd egg never hatched so it was discarded.

Von Jones and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I ordered a walking boot from Amazon yesterday and it came today. It has been a help for the pain in the top of my foot. It prevents the foot from flexing and moving those irritated tendons. Only problem I had was that I had to find a shoe that is a similar height for the other foot so I wouldn't be walking all "Chester Goode."

3. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Dennis Weaver Gunsmoke?

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

[​IMG]

5. Joe Smith

Registered

Did you match a shoe?

6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Yes, one of my Birkenstocks was pretty close.

7. Joe Smith

Registered

All good.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Today my foot is much better. Still a little swollen on top but not as red and not painful, so I'll take it. I have no idea what triggered that tendonitis unless it's something to do with gout; I haven't done anything to injure the foot.

It's still raining. I'm quite tired of rain.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have had gout in my foot several times, mostly when I was under a lot of stress, and it seemed to be in my instep. I had to use crutches to walk, and the first time, the doctor took x-rays to make sure that it was not broken, because i was in so much pain and couldn’t even put weight on that foot at all.
    Sometimes, it would jump from one foot to the other, so about the time I thought it was gone, the next day i would wake up and couldn’t walk on the other foot.
    Gout is caused by uric acid, which comes from having too much meat/protein, and at the time that I had so much trouble with it, I was doing the low-carb diet, which I am sure contributed to the problem.
    After i learned about doing the pineapple fast, it would usually clear up in a day or two, so that was my go-to remedy for the gout. Fresh cherries are also supposed to be helpful when treating gout, if you can find any fresh ones.
    I am glad that your foot is doing better, @Beth Gallagher !

Hedi Mitchell and Beth Gallagher like this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks, Yvonne. I'm familiar with gout, having had two flares of it in the joint of my big toe over the past 10 years. This recent foot thing is in the top ligaments of my foot so I'm not sure what's causing the inflammation. It's feeling much better today, though.

Yvonne Smith and Faye Fox like this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

That is one of the strange things about gout.
    It is known for showing up in the big toe, but mine was in my foot, more like yours, and I have never had it in my toe, ever. Apparently, it can show up in other joints, and is a form of inflammatory arthritis, and can also be a symptom of poor kidney function, because they are not eliminating the uric acid properly.
    In any case, I am glad that the inflammation in your foot is getting better, whatever caused it.

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

The kidney part is what bothers me. I know that people who have gout are more prone to stones, so I was concerned about that when having that phantom pain in my right side (that sent me to the ER). My kidney numbers are borderline but my doctor doesn't seem alarmed by them... unlike me, who saw my mother suffering through dialysis.

Don Alaska and Faye Fox like this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

My cardiologist said that because of the heart failure (and also the medication for my heart) that it was causing my kidney failure, and at first they told me that it could not get better, but it has done that anyway. For several years, it got worse, but then it started gradually coming back up again.
    I think that part of it is because my heart failure is much better now.
    My kidney function was down to about 33 for a while, but it is gradually coming back up, and is now at about 47, which is not much below the break point between normal and kidney failure.
    As long as your doctor is monitoring your kidneys and he is not concerned, then it is probably something temporary because of the treatments you are going through right now.

If you are interested, this is a book that I just got on Kindle about foods to help reverse health problems. Dr. Fuhrman has a lot of interesting things to say about food nutrition and our health.

EE1D4BA2-3495-47BE-B85E-5ADAA6C84A00.jpeg

14. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher and @Yvonne Smith
    Several years ago I had plantar fasciitis in arch of foot twice, at first thought gout Extremely painful. Then as you know in 2019-2020 came down with the Eosinophilic Fasciitis in my body. EF is rare auto immune disease, but I truly believe they are tied together. I had my first big painful fall in 2016, after that my body seems to have succumbed to things I have never had or heard of. EF is "Shulman's syndrome", is a form of fasciitis, the inflammatory diseases that affect the fascia, the connective tissues surrounding muscles, blood vessels and nerves.
    There again I think all these types of inflammation are tied together. My EF and kidney blockage causes my right leg and foot to swell. The compressed stockings do help, so once your well of foot issues wearing them my help keep it away and help in other ways. So far no kidney stones, but who knows , that may be next:eek:

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I have that Fuhrman book here somewhere, Yvonne. I have read it, so thanks. At this point I should be eating red meat and green vegetables for my blood counts, so that's my focus.

My eGFR is 56 as of May 18; my assumption is the same... the doctor considers any changes are chemo related at this point. I see him on Tuesday so will inquire.

Yvonne Smith likes this.