Secret Diary. Do Not Read

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Beth Gallagher, May 26, 2021.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher

Your day sounds as though it has a semblance of normalcy......

I am glad for you for that!

Frank

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey there buddy. Yep, my life is fairly normal on a daily basis. I'm feeling a little beat down but pretty good considering. How are you these days?

Frank Sanoica and Faye Fox like this.
  3. Charlene Marolf

Charlene Marolf Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I love your title for your diary hahaha......

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Hey there Charlene. I was wondering where you disappeared to. :D Nice to "see" you back again.

5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Centerpoint Energy, the local utility company, has been running a TV commercial advertising whole-house generators. Hmmmm. So tonight I got on their website and filled out a "we want an estimate" form and I hope we hear back from some of their "preferred installers." They are offering a $1500 discount and a free transfer switch which is normally $700-800 bucks.

Oh, and we finally heard from the first estimate... $17,000. Yikes. Of course we expected it to be about that much so not really a surprise. A big part of it is installing a gas line from the gas meter on one side of the house, under the driveway, and to the electric meter on the other side of the house. The natural gas provider says we might need a larger gas meter, too. Oh... and this HVAC company says they can't install until October. :rolleyes: Great.

It's always something.

Faye Fox and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I bet they are booked up solid for a long time. Great business to get into until they shut off the pipelines.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher

Same old.......after all, I am officially diagnosed with "Minimal Change Disease". How that can possibly describe failed kidneys, I've wondered since day one. Don't doctors ALWAYS have an answer, even when they have none?

Frank

8. Charlene Marolf

Charlene Marolf Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thanks Beth!

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'm just glad you're hanging in there, Frank. We're going through tough crap but we're still here!

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'm feeling very anxious today. On Monday, our 40-year old nephew had a massive heart attack at his workplace. The doctor said it was a "widowmaker" with almost complete blockage of the artery. :( Thank goodness he was at work and was taken to the hospital ASAP. David was put into an induced coma and a CT scan showed that his heart had some damage but not overwhelming. The concern is that his other organs and brain may have had damage, and they won't know the extent until they bring him out of the coma.

So yesterday they installed a stint and thought that would fix him up; today there was a blockage in the stint causing another heart attack so they had to use a "balloon" in the artery to help with that blockage. Also, they installed a pacemaker but I'm not sure if that's permanent or what. We are so worried about David; he is a young divorced father of three daughters. Totally surprised that he has heart problems as he is slender and active, and has had no previous heart problems.

Of course none of the family can go to the hospital; they are only allowing his mother (my husband's sister) and his oldest daughter to be in the ICU waiting area. David is such a precious young man; it's just terrible that he has to go through this.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher ..good heavens! Prayers for you and your family. Seems it is always something. Geez what a day already.. is it five o'clock yet ?;)

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

:(

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I remember my grandma saying "when it rains, it pours." Now I get it.

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is awful, and unexpected in a person that young. If they installed a pacemaker, I would guess that it is mean to to be permanent; but I do not really know.
    From what I read, the arteries can be being blocked for a long time before it finally shows up as a heart attack or stroke, so until there is something that happens, life just goes on like there was not a problem.
    Any idea how long they will be keeping him in the coma ?
    Something similar happened when my FIL had a massive heart attack, and they had to keep him in the coma because he kept having more heart attacks when they tried to bring him back out of it.

Prayers for you and your family, @Beth Gallagher !

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks, Yvonne. We are getting sketchy information at this point; the hospital doesn't allow cellphone usage inside the ICU area and David's mother won't leave from there. I know she is devastated because she lost her other son to suicide at age 18 and David is her only surviving child. He always seemed fit and healthy to me, but apparently looks can be deceiving. David is a very kind and religious young man, so I hope his Savior is watching over him today.

Faye Fox, Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.