Secret Diary. Do Not Read

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Beth Gallagher, May 26, 2021.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Once you have had cancer, you're never cancer free again. Your body might be but not your mind. Better to see the doc than keep your mind in tatters.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

How well I know, Shirley.

Don Alaska and Shirley Martin like this.
  3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I would give that beta blocker another look when it comes to being tired. I was prescribed one in the form of bisoprolol and it knocked the wind out of my sails and slowed my heart rate to the mid 40s per minute. It's powerful stuff and overkill when there are so many other effective drugs for lowering blood pressure. Like they say on the TV ads, talk to your doctor.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks, Ed. I'm not taking the Metoprolol for BP but for a rapid heart rate. It started when I was on chemo and my oncologist prescribed it. My heart rate is staying in a normal range with the reduced dosage of Metoprolol so I'm planning to discontinue it altogether. I suppose my doctor wants to see if reducing the dose affected my blood pressure, but so far it hasn't.

5. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I take Propranolol Beth, just started it and it's also known to help with tremors, I have pretty bad ones, enough that sometimes I'm not able to go out of my apartment, vanity vanity. I have a well educated NP that has really encouraged me to just try the Beta Blocker, so I did. It works within about 30 minutes. My tremors are about 50% or higher, gone.

I only take it when I can't handle the tremors, especially if I have to go out for errands etc. People ask me why I only take them when I feel worse, and it is because I never want to be hooked on anything, or build up tolerance of a drug.

6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Just sharing a pic my grandson texted. He drove to Mississippi to get this long-haired dachshund puppy. Please meet Daisy on her way to Texas...

upload_2024-3-5_11-36-19.jpeg

7. Jenna Parnellson

Jenna Parnellson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Aw, now she is just adorable! What fun!

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  8. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Oh my goodness! Too cute!

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Awwwee - so cute

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

So the raised bed soil I wanted from Home Depot had to be ordered from another store, so I was expecting a HD truck to bring the eight 40-lb bags. Wrong. They sent them Fedex so that poor Fedex driver is probably going to hate me. I'm already cringing.:oops: On top of that, my husband is over at his mom's place today so it will be up to me to wrangle the bags to the back yard.

The good news is, I can finish filling the last 6 Earthboxes and get them planted. :D

12. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

What seems to be the problem with the dirt under your feet for planting? You could add soil amendments to improve it you have to.

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

We have a pool that takes up most of the backyard that isn't shaded by the neighbor's trees, so container gardening works for my limited space.

Don Alaska and Ed Wilson like this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Well, thankfully the Fedex guy was a strapping young man with a good attitude. :D Plus he was smart enough to back all the way up the driveway and close to the garage. He made unloading the boxes look easy so I gave him a bottle of cold water and a Snickers bar. I'm glad it wasn't our usual Fedex delivery guy who is perpetually surly.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Today is my husband's 69th birthday. How did we get this old?? It seems like only yesterday that we were riding herd on 5 little rugrats but those days are gone forever. Nice that every one of them called their dad today and sent gifts; those kids turned out very well if I do say so. Hubby has been beaming each time the phone rings.

Our youngest daughter has been going through some marriage difficulty but it appears that they will give it one more go before throwing in the towel. I really don't like son-in-law but I have never said so to her. I believe that as long as she is happy then that's good enough for me but I wouldn't be sad to see him heading for the Exit.

She also told us that our 17 year old grandson has graduated high school early and has enlisted in the Marines. He leaves for boot camp in San Diego a week from tomorrow. He told me when they were here at Christmas that he was joining the Marines but I figured he'd have changed his mind by now, but nope.

So now we will have one grandson in the Marines and one (step)grandson in the Air Force. Two grandsons in college and a granddaughter in nursing school. Well... at least I'm not "great-grandma" yet. :D:D:D