Seniors Only Club's Green New Deal

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Ken Anderson, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

All I can think of is that I recycle using the bins the town provided and that's it. Humans could lessen the burden they create on the environment more effectively if they controlled the number of humans.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The only ones who get that pressure are the First World Civilizations whose birth rates are already below replacement level. 3rd World nations don't get beat on to stop breeding (how do they continue to grow when they've forever been on the verge of starvation???), and they are not supported in efforts to enter the modern era, which would naturally reduce their population increases.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Good Heavens Ed, don’t rush me! Gimme at least until the Good Lord takes me then I’ll gladly reduce the population.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  4. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

China already does that with forced abortions. Is that where we want to go? :eek:

Besides, the Fauci/Gates virus is supposed to reduce the population anyway.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think Ed read the thread to be "Soylent Green New Deal." ;)

6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I ain't green with envy over any of you green as a gooseberry, green-thumbed, greenhorns with greenbacks and greenhouses. I would shell out some long green if I knew where on God's green earth to find some. As sure as God made little green apples, I am going to the green room since I suffer from green apple quickstep and I am green around the gills. I will greenwash my huge pile of green folded hard green since the moon is made out of green cheese. What do I care that spinach eaters have green poop? Now don't go all green-eyed monster on me just because I boast more green stamps in my green book. No one gives an AIDS infected Green Monkey's butt that I am more green than a Martian in a chlorophyll extraction factory so don't go all green on me. Just give me the green light and I will move to Green River, Utah where the river is as green as grass.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    Laura Jones likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

One of our old trees fell down yesterday,it shakes the ground when they fall so I went to se which one and thank goodnes it didn't land on the fence.We still have fence down from huge tree landing on it.
    The deer like it though,they no longer have to jump over.

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Are you serious Faye?

Faye Fox likes this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

LOL.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

I don't know if this thread is sarcastic or real. But I do think our young don'thave much of a future if something doesn't get done and quick.
    So we do what we can for the environment but don'thelp or belong to any group,but for fist time thinking about helping out a little with this on ,

https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/mrbeast-s-team-seas-initiative-start-date-time-participants

hat is Team Seas? A look into MrBeast's new global campaign
    Team Seas is a brand new global campaign that officially started on Friday, October 29, 2021, at 1.00 pm (PT). The campaign aims to bring awareness to the worldwide problem of trash being dumped and collected on beaches, rivers, and oceans.

[​IMG]

11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

100%! Several photos on SOC from those mountain days.
    Here is the porch from the log cabin I built.
    PwGBaFqo8hUQ.jpg

Here is the muzzleloading rifle I made. 54 cal Hawken mountain style.
    30183645R8R85hBz.jpg

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Hard to beleive but I'll take your word for it. I know we can do what we have to do if we put our minds to it. Your aan amazing person if your not pulling my leg,:cool::)

13. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I am neither amazing nor pulling your leg. Just a widow gal that chose to stay single and do it all myself. My body is now telling me all that hard physical work was not among my best decisions.

Mary Stetler and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Joanna Newton

Joanna Newton Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I was going to say not much anymore, as current location doesn't have many options. The only recycling is for cans/bottles (soda which I rarely drink, beer which I never drink).

However, the utility company that provides gas and electricity sends out a "home energy report" a few times a year, I don't recall a single time my energy-use habits haven't been marked as "Great!" Not only do the reports say I use much less energy than "similar homes," but even much less than "energy-efficient homes."

Michael Stewart likes this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Well if this young mans organization is for real I may donate to it but I'll give it a little longer tosee if it is legitimate and then for first time give to an environmental group. We've got duped giving before so more careful now.