Seniors With Kids/grandkids Have A Better Understanding?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

If you have kids/grandkids, do you think you have a better understanding of the "why" some kids of today look, and possibly act, the way they do?

I sometimes hear, "if you had kids/grandkids, you'd understand better."

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Hasn't been a single comment/post about this thread. Hummmmm?

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I didn't understand the question. My grandchildren don't act like the kids that people complain about. It's not the times, it's all a matter of how they are raised, but that includes the bad influences from the public school system, as well.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Any time I hear stereotypes and labels about any class or type of person, I search my own life and experiences, and find nothing to support such silliness.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, when I was in high school, some local classmates/farmers, four of us, got together and did a silly prank on a highway. The highway ran thru mostly farming country, so it wasn't used that much. Some elderly lady seen the prank we were doing, and thought the prank was real, and called the local sheriff's office. Luckily, we had already gotten back to the driver's home, when a deputy was checking out the location. The driver's mom knew the elderly lady and we ended up telling her what we had been doing (faking a stabbing-rubber knife, with a dummy, along the highway). She told us not to do it anymore and so that was the end of that.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I wasn't "sterotyping" or labeling anyone. Just simply asking/talking about how some young folks act, and how they look (like Post Malone) today. What I do know for a fact, these young folks sure aren't the kind of young folks that would be in FFA or 4-H showing livestock at a county fair. Or, being taking Ag classes at a local college or university.