Sense Of Humor?

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Humor is great, and it can get us through some difficult situations. Sometimes, though, it's hard to see the humor, especially when times are tough. I don't laugh as much as I used to, although I do have one friend who can almost always make me laugh I also have a friend who swears I'm a hilarious storyteller, but they're true stories, and it's just real life, I'm not embellishing the situations. I enjoy some comedies, but others seem forced. I agree that Hollywood doesn't seem to understand subtlety, and pushes the envelope way too much. That's one reason I tend to skip past many sitcoms and movie comedies these days.

Lara Moss and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Julia Curtis

Julia Curtis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I absolutely LOVE it!:)

3. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

There’s something off about my sense of humor. Comedies for example that many folks consider classics, I usually turn off after 30 minutes, if I can make it that long. They leave me absolutely dry. The last time I really remember laughing hard at a movie was Fight Club I think and that wasn’t a comedy. Same with TV series. I’ve not seen the most wildly popular sit-coms because they just strike me as stupid rather than funny. I don’t know how I got this way. I like a good laugh, just can’t find them.

Ed Wilson and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Julia Curtis

Registered

Could be your introverted or on some kind of medication with that side effect(yes it does happen)

5. Julia Curtis

Registered

I am very much an introvert but also Autistic(Aspergers)so I have heard about the no sence of humor,I don't have the humor issue but I do know it's common.

6. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I’ve pretty much always been this way despite medications. Just me I guess.

7. Julia Curtis

Registered

Fair enough.I was just making suggestions.:)

Thomas Windom likes this.
  8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have always disliked the Three Stooges, Jerry Lewis--anything where someone was made the fool or hurt for a laugh. Some of Laurel and Hardy were funny. I loved the Golden Girls but it is probably passe now.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  9. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

What's the saying, 'You'll laugh at it afterward.' or something like that? That basically sums up our family when it comes to humor and I believe my 17 year old grandson came by it honestly.

So my birthday was a couple of days ago. Half the day was spent with two of my grandsons (17 and 2, brothers). I told the oldest that it was my birthday. He said 'I didn't know that.' and the day went on. So today my daughter in law came over with my favorite German Chocolate cake and balloons apologizing her heart out wishing me a happy birthday and then she said, "I ask Boiboi if he knew it was your birthday and he said 'Yeah.' She asked "Why didn't you tell us?' He said, 'It was my day off.' (He didn't have school) We both laughed.