Shopping on Amazon

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 23, 2015.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yup. I've got some good advice just from browsing.

2. John Brunner

I posted a comment somewhere on this forum about Amazon drivers putting the package on your doorstep, taking the "Proof of Delivery" picture, then picking the package back up and stealing it themselves!!! Without a Ring camera or some other security camera to catch them, you would just assume it was a random thief.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

There is an Amazon drivers sub-Reddit :) where all kinds of driver issues are discussed. Apparently those Prime vans have cameras inside and out so they record the driver's actions even inside the van (big brother is watching). I would have to assume that any theft was carried out by the "contractors" who drive their own vehicles to deliver stuff.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
  4. John Brunner

I've only had contractors deliver stuff to me.

Krystal Shay likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

My deliveries are almost exclusively Amazon vans, with an occasional annoying USPS thrown in to aggravate me.

6. Celia Jenkins

Celia Jenkins Well-Known Member
    Registered

The other option is to have parcels delivered to a shop and then collect them yourself. My local post office can be used in this way.

7. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Same here. And...I never know when my stuff will show up any more.:confused:

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  8. Krystal Shay

Registered

Your lucky. My postal service sucks!

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  9. John Brunner

My deliveries always mostly arrive in a timely manner, and usually beat the dates that are quoted when I place the order. It's the USPS tracking that is an issue...for Amazon and for other suppliers. But the stuff generally arrives on time. I've said before I'm fortunate that the USPS does a good job where I live. Things the next county over are a nightmare.

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Krystal Shay

Registered

There have been many times that my package has supposed to been delivered on a certain date. The tracking says the package is out for delivery. I see my mail person drive by my mail box at warp speed when I know my pkg was scheduled to be delivered on a specific day. I check my tracking seconds after the fly by and it says something like; delivery was attempted but failed. Or some damn thing like that.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

So, who or what can you actually trust to buy from and have delivered promptly?

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

we ate installing two cameras tomorrow front and back..well his niece will actually do that. But a bit of proctection in several areas

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  13. John Brunner

I'm a little miffed that my card sometimes (but not too often) gets charged before the stuff actually ships, but I ordered 8 items from Amazon late Friday night and 7 are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

-Six items are being shipped from Amazon and will be here tomorrow (Amazon delivery.)
    -One item is being shipped from a Seller and will be here tomorrow (USPS.)
    -One item is being shipped from Amazon west coast and will be here no later than Saturday (USPS.)

All shipped via Free Freight and will arrive in 3 business days. I got no real complaints. I still pay the CC bill 30 days after the billing cycle ends, regardless of when the charges hit. It's just that actually shipping the product is supposed to be the incentive for the seller to get the thing out the door in a timely manner (although that order went out the door only 2 days later), which is why I never pay for expedited freight.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

OK. This is a new one for me. I was looking at this big cutting board on Amazon and was pretty much puzzled by the description. Is this supposed to be a joke? This is the actual description on the product page. o_Oo_O

About this item
    Low-Quality, Synthetic Bamboo — Take a detour from traditional kitchen aesthetics with this large cutting board crafted from 100% unnatural bamboo. Beyond being an unconventional and eco-unfriendly choice, the non toxic cutting board proudly showcases the dull, artificial look of synthetic bamboo. This butcher block cutting board adds an unexpected touch of confusion to your once-orderly culinary space.

Confusing Juice Grooves and Well — Embark on a journey of liquid management confusion with perplexed juice grooves surrounding the large wooden cutting board and a well featuring a spout. These peculiar features of wood cutting boards ensure the inefficient containment of liquids from fruits, washed vegetables, or meat juices. Riviera wooden cutting boards create a delightful mess and also these natural high-quality bamboo cutting boards complicate the cleanup process with an unexpected twist.

Handle Everything with Confidence — The built-in handle holds of the wooden chopping board are strategically designed for handling confusion and awkward maneuvering. Pre-oiled and ready for immediate bewilderment, this large wood cutting board is not just inconvenient but also uniquely perplexing to maintain, ensuring a performance that is both confounding and puzzling for a chopping board wood. Riviera cutting board for meat will be perfect on your sink in the kitchen.

Limited and Unifunctional — Beyond its apparent function, this sink cutting board serves as a perplexing addition to your kitchen. Perfect for serving small items, xl cutting board transforms into a mysteriously confusing charcuterie board for gatherings. Place big cutting board on the stove or kitchen island to create additional countertop space when needed. These cutting board large showcase its limited versatility in various culinary scenarios and leave you with the biggest help in kitchen.

https://tinyurl.com/fmeyfnhn

John Brunner and Ken Anderson like this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I might buy a cutting board. That is very funny.