Silicon Valley Bank Fails

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Thomas Windom, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, and our taxes will have to go up. No other country is going to help us out our "crash" it's always been left up to the USA to help other countries being bombed out. I don't know if you heard the video @Yvonne Smith shared with me but it was excellent on what Col. Doug Mcgregor had to say on sending money and weapons to Ukraine. Never heard it better said. He also said he'd be surprised if biden is still in office in the next 3 months. I hope and pray he is right, but I hope and pray harris has to be run out too:mad:

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Denise Evans that was a wonderful interview! I think it summed up the situation very well. Petraeus sounds a good bit like John Bolton; he is a fool who left the real world 30 years ago. The fact that Ukraine is running out of people to throw into the war is why Zelenskyy is trying to get NATO troops, especially American troops, involved in the fighting. I would advise that anyone here who is at all interested in the Ukraine War to watch that interview. Whether Biden will be gone in 3 months...I doubt. If we were a parliamentary system, the switch could be made in a moment, but not so with a presidential system, and the person waiting in the wings is less competent by far than the current occupant of the White House.

Marie Mallery and Denise Evans like this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

glad @Yvonne Smith sent it to me or I wouldn't have seen it most likely. I'd heard of Jon Stewart but not Petraeus, I wasn't exactly sure what he was talking about to be honest, but it was explained a bit when the Judge and Colonel started talking again ;) At first I was all sorry for Zelensky but he's an evil man to keep sending out new recruits, without enough weapons/ammo whatever. Like they said, Zelensky is just sending out people to die :(

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Zelenskyy is certainly an evil man, but he was /is a puppet of the U.S. and a Nazi. As I have said before, we have the Nazis against the (ex?) Commies...why take any side?

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

I didn't know Zelenskyy is a Nazi, but it doesn't surprise me. There's always some nut that wants to literally take over the world.

6. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

He doesn't declare himself to be so, but he has those working for him. For him to openly declare it would show him for what he is and Biden would be forced to cut off aid. He made some kind of declaration that may destroy the Orthodox Church in Ukraine and some Orthodox Christians vow to fight to the death to defend their right to worship. If Zelenskyy imprisons a bunch of Christians, that may not go down well in the U.S., but they aren't woke, so we may not care.

Denise Evans likes this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I think this answers my question.

"The very idea of bailing out SVB, Signature Bank and others, without costing taxpayers, doesn’t even pass the smell test," said EJ Antoni, research fellow in regional economics with The Heritage Foundation’s Center for Data Analysis.

"The government is spending taxpayer dollars. By definition, that costs the taxpayer," Antoni said.

Following the collapse of SVB, federal regulators devised a plan to backstop $175 billion in deposits. Federal government officials have waived the FDIC threshold of $250,000 and plan to release cash from the insurance funds paid into by banks.

Antoni said that the FDIC will essentially "recoup its losses by increasing the fees it charges to all banks," which still shifts the pain onto taxpayers who those insurance and bank fees are passed onto, meaning the "American people are once more stuck with the tab.

Fox Business reached out to the White House, which pointed to the previous joint statement that said, "Shareholders and certain unsecured debt holders will not be protected. Senior management has also been removed. Any losses to the Deposit Insurance Fund to support uninsured depositors will be recovered by a special assessment on banks, as required by law."

"Those charges are entirely passed on to customers, who are the American people. What the government has done here is allow the risky profit taking of these banks to remain privatized, while effectively socializing the losses."

8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

It is bailing out the "Big Boys" at the expense of the small saver once again, just like 2008. It has given banks the green light to be careless without consequences, so I don't think has ended yet.

Denise Evans and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I now see Janet Yellen has admitted under oath that some of the depositors in SVB that we bailed out were wealthy Chinese investors in American technology companies that have direct connections to the Chinese Communist Party? Not only are we helping the Chinese develop bioweapons to use against us by providing funds and technology, but we are actually paying wealthy Chinese to (perhaps) steal some of our tech secrets. Can any nation survive when it is led by such idiots?

Mary Stetler and Denise Evans like this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

I sure don't know Don but it doesn't surprise me the Chinese have got their fingers into everything and I mean the communists. I sure hope the Day of reckoning comes for the traitors that are in our government while I'm still alive to see it :mad:

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I wouldn't count on it, @Denise Evans. There are few people in Washington who are willing to take on the Deep State. Trump did, and look how he was treated and still is.

12. Denise Evans

Registered

maybe so Don, but battles aren't always won by more people, all we need is a few, good men, meaning of course, more than the other side's and the rhinos. I'm so proud of our guys standing up against the swamp/deep State, even if we lose they'll always be heros to me ;)

Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Banks seem to be in trouble again. All the West's central banks have banded together to stop the contagion. They have started daily swapping, which I don't think was even done during the 2008 crisis. Some are saying that metals are moving, but I haven't seen that when I checked, but reportedly some of the largest depositors are trying to move funds, which is making things worse.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Gold was up to 2010 but is down to 1978 now.

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Now Heartland Bank in Kansas and PacWest Bank in California have collapsed. The Bank of California, a much smaller bank, has acquired much of the assets of PacWest but Heartland is still in the hands of the FDIC as far as I know. Perhaps this is the beginning of the next round of bank failures. We'll see....

Thomas Windom likes this.