Site Keeps Logging Me Out

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Marie Mallery, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Kind of interesting that many of us experience similar issues on different devices and browsers/OS. Gloria's using a Chromebook, I use a Win10 laptop/Firefox, and others are using Apple devices/Safari.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I see people having similar issues, but not all at the same time. And it seems that Hedi just needed a fresh reload.

I know you know that with all the updates to everyone's operating systems, everyone's browsers, and the software and operating systems of forums and websites and internet service providers (ISPs), it's amazing that more compatibility issues are not introduced as a matter of routine. It's tough enough to manage in a controlled corporate environment. I mentioned that I could not even get my bank's website (Truist) to load properly for a couple of months with Firefox and had to use Edge. When FF updated last week, things worked fine again. I know I restarted my system a few times during those 2 months to install WIN10 updates. And there had been other FF updates along the way that did not fix it. Heck, maybe Truist did an update since I last tested it on FF and the latest FF update had nothing to do with fixing the problem. Or perhaps my ISP made a change.

I've stopped messing with individual site browser settings if things have been working and I suddenly have issues with a website or two. Cookies & cache automatically clear when I close my browser (unless exempted), but I'll clear them manually, then I'll reboot my system, and if that does not fix it I'll use another browser for that site until "something" makes it work again. And that something might be on the other guy's end...if not the website software then maybe the website server or even my ISP.

Attached Files:

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Janine Coral

Janine Coral Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've not been able to login for about three hours, first time for me on this site,
    anyway, I will read this thread and try the things mentioned, see what unfolds...

Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Whatever was happening is gone now. No idea what happened.

5. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

For a long time my game engine I use was constantly writing work a rounds for broken web libraries, either that had been dropped or updated. Not so bad today and chrome is the suggested browser due to it's stability and non breaking record. A lot of things just work better using chrome when it comes to building games that are played using the browser. You have a choice of what you want built when finished, in my case I usually only want a game that plays on PC. I am not limited to one choice. Browsers are constantly making changes in their libraries especially when it comes to security due to all the BS crawling around the world wide web. You will find most harmful things originating from Europe ! Not because they're all thieves, but because they have all been better educated than American kids. They have used computer technology long before we started getting hooked just using it for games and writing letters, eventually in business. The younger people in Europe are in a class all by themselves. They started using open source programs to learn computer use like say for instance Blender, some of the best Blender users are German and British. Programing became something that interested them and they were teaching computer science and programing while we watched Football and Basketball. So a lot of virus came from young people in the beginning, now it is the mobs who use those
    Maybe they were knee deep in water. I had a hard time shopping this morning because of all the mud in my drive. It rained last night very hard. One thunder clapper felt like I was getting lifted from my bed. It sounded like it hit a block from me at the high school, not lightening but the thunder shock wave.

Mary Stetler and Janine Coral like this.
  6. Janine Coral

Registered

7. Janine Coral

Registered

It's my laptop, and as my day and online activities have unfolded, my issues
    seem to be everywhere, so into the shop tomorrow for a tech tune up, already
    scheduled.

Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  8. Janine Coral

Registered

What does RSS mean, it is frequently popping up or showing
    when I am scrolling topic threads....

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

RSS = Really Simple Syndication

10. John Brunner

I have never had an RSS feed notification/invitation show up on this site. Perhaps Firefox blocks them.

Janine Coral likes this.
  11. Janine Coral

Registered

12. Janine Coral

Registered

The last time I was online here the RSS feed was on every topic almost and some other types of scripts included
    I've never seen them before, and why it had my attention for a question. Now though this time posting and scrolling
    it has not reappeared.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. John Brunner

Interesting.

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Me neither, but the option exists. It requires an RSS reader, however, and that hasn't been anything I've had a need for, and I can't imagine that RSS would be something that anyone here would have a need for, but I don't know. There's more info on it here.

RSS-SC-1-1000.jpg

Last edited: May 5, 2023
    John Brunner likes this.