Sluggish Bowels, From Young Person To Now

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Joy Martin, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I wasn't addressing your problem, @Joy Martin. I was addressing the side discussion. As we age, we certainly have to be aware of how our body works, and an impacted bowel is one of the worst things that can happen in the normal course of aging. You did a good thing addressing your issue.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh you mentioned cereal and I don't get that comment, I stopped cereals and breads etc years ago. I do veggies and proteins, small meals for all meals...And yes with age, my issues have gotten worse and they have been hard enough all my life..when i was so busy doing and going and eating on t he run etc..

And I realized this morning that I'm not taking the stool softeners I was popping daily, 3 , and that is not good....so many.....

And taking LESS Vit C and Magnesium (for joints) as I've been taking for years...all for wanting to get things moving.....only taking 1 Vit C for immune system and 1 Mag Citrate for joint issues.

That oxygen infusion in the Oxy does it....

Oxygen-Powered
    Oxy-Powder contains natural ozonated magnesium and citric acid. It releases oxygen to loosen impacted waste and cleanse the entire digestive tract. It’s gentle and won’t leave you feeling drained. Best of all, you can take Oxy-Powder as needed without the risk of dependency.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  3. Alan Sidlo

Alan Sidlo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

this discussion really piques my interest because of the way the treatment is employed to manage another possible shortcoming... (possibly diet).

my approach would have involved a protease such as bromelain, ferments, and nutrient dense soluble and insoluble fiber creating a synergistic modular diet. it's really simple and can be supplemented by a cheeseburger and fries!

"Because bromelain helps with digestion, it makes the breakdown faster, and can help get things moving around down there if you're having trouble staying regular."

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Joy Martin

Registered

I've tried so much over my life and recently went to psyllium which a friend suggested and it made me worse, it's mostly soluable fiber....and I've taken bromelain off and on all my life....

Alan Sidlo likes this.
  5. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

A friend tried a cheeseburger after three months doing very well on a healthy diet.
    After getting sick for two days from that one cheeseburger, no more .

John Brunner and Alan Sidlo like this.
  6. Joy Martin

Registered

I can eat anything, food has never made me sick.

Alan Sidlo likes this.
  7. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Really.

A lot of people have drank/drunk/take? milk for decades and truly believe it did not make them sick. But when they are tested, they find otherwise.

Besides getting ill due to an allergy or bad food, some people just get sick , like cancer, diabetes, etc, from missing something or several things in their diet.
    So they don't get sick maybe for years, but their body/ immune system is depleted, and they may not realize it ever. Most professionals are not trained at all to tell people nor to test people for nutritional defiencles that can cause or lead to diseases, broken bones, infected gums or other organs, poor eyesight, dementia, and so on. These diseases do not just happen - there is a reason, a cause, and the reasons and the causes are not what the sickness industry tries to determine nor to remedy. They only seek to treat the symptoms, and almost always leave the causes in place, thus providing more business/ profits for decades in their patiens, their patients families, friends and neighbors, as long as they do not catch on to the shenanigans.

8. Joy Martin

Registered

Interesting on what I'm finding, I took only 2 capsules this morning at 7AM and no movements yet...

When I was taking 3 I had some good movements....

So I'm learning daily how these work for me.

Well well after a late breakfast, the movement happened...

Time to call the company again and talk some more on what to expect...

All in all, I'm so improved from what I've lived with for so long.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    Alan Sidlo likes this.
  9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

My suggestion? No restriction on what one eats?

Three times a week, on average, try one large serving of.... buttered popcorn, or shredded mini-wheats cereal, fried cabbage, pinto beans, a big salad (1/3 head of lettuce). I don't know what these things have in common (fiber? complex carbs?). I'm sure there are more foods, but these are what I eat.

No restriction on anything else, but don't overdo it on things like plain white bread/cake, cheese, or fake ice cream all in one day.

I'm also surprised a vegetarian has these problems. Maybe ones body adapts to too much of these things eventually, and one needs to mix things up? Maybe there are some other problems going on?

10. Joy Martin

Registered

On the popcorn and Yes I do get some nice movements when I eat it. I make my own, and no added butter, pop it in a combo of coconut oil and olive oil and add some sea salt to that and some stevia, right in the oil....I end up with a kinda kettle corn. Think I'll make some later.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324763

I make a cabbage soup and eat that for breakfast every other day or so. And eat pinto beans.

My issue has been a long history of NOT doing this kind of eating..

11. Joy Martin

Registered

Just an update and I continue to do very well on the Oxygen infused supplement, Oxy Powder..it's about 6 weeks now and I'm able to eat a lot of foods I could not since I am eliminating often with Oxy Powder.....

And I take a 30 billion probiotic just about daily.

John Brunner likes this.
  12. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I just did about an hour or so of reading on colon cleansing etc. Wow the opinions / advice on the subject are all over the map . And so many that i read actually advise against it , saying it might likely be more harmful , than helpful . One 'doctors' opinion that i read stated that [in his opinion] the celebrity reports we hear of are all fabrications ?

Typical of medical subjects/conditions anymore ..... Who do ya believe ?

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If it were harmful, then what about all those colonoscopy preps? Are they a "necessary evil?" Is the theory that one every 5 years is gonna be something you recover from, but there's no upside to doing it routinely (or at all) absent a diagnosed underlying medical condition?

It is tough to know who to believe.

Joy Martin and Don Alaska like this.
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I gotta add that there used to be tobacco enemas. Hence the expression "Blowing smoke up my ass."

This is true, it's not made up. Stinky linky.

15. Joy Martin

Registered

I can't believe it's GOOD to try to function and live well with a colon loaded with pounds of waste....

Even before I started with oxy powder, I have Never done a scope test....

Regret that I haven't heard about oxy powder until just recently.

Well as they say, when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

I've been so ready but it took my daughter advising me on oxy and her daughter advising her.

John Brunner likes this.