Snowbirds And Compassion?

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We think about this often, so far no decisions made.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I get upset with people who drive slow, too, although I don't speed too much. In town, where there's a 25 mph limit, I generally drive 26 but, on I-95, where the speed limit is 75, I'll drive 79. Where everyone else is speeding, I'll drive faster because I'm afraid of the ticket, not the speed.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My mom was a slow driver, and never gave it a thought, even when people were in a line behind her. I can remember going somewhere with my kids and coming up to a long line of cars on the highway in front of us, and we all looked at each other and said we thought Grandma and Grandpa were probably up there in the lead car.
    Sometimes, we were right.

One time, she got stopped for a broken taillight (it was daylight), and the officer asked her for her driver license. She went though her purse and couldn’t find it, but she had 2 more large purses in the back seat, so she asked me to hand one of those up to her. In that one she found her last (expired) drivers license, but not the current one.
    Then, she started digging through purse number three, and finally found the little paper copy that they gave you to last until the actual license came in the mail.
    All of this took at least 20 minutes, and finally the trooper (State Patrol) said that he believed that she had a current license, and not to worry about it, just get the taillight fixed.
    I don’t remember where she found her license, but it was on one of the three purses that she was looking through trying to find it.

Marie Mallery and Faye Fox like this.
  4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

LOL,your mom and the cop sounds like me at times. Oral surgeon called to remind me of appt the next day. I told her it was a mistake my appt is for next month. I found the card and she was right so glad I just 'felt sorry for her' and didn't argue. Had two teeth pulled today at noon,so far alls well.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

An update of our Snowbird, Michigan to Florida and back, friend:

He told me a few weeks ago that he is going to sell his Lavonia, Michigan house when he gets back to Michigan. He will keep his Florida house, that, years upon years ago, was military housing. He will also keep the lake cottage in Michigan. He also told me, "now that wife is passed away, I can do what I wanted to do years ago." He also told me, "it simply costs too much now to upkeep three places."

So, this means, unless he stays at the lake cottage, or with one of his two sons in Michigan during part of the summer, Florida will be his full-time home. And, as many people think/say in Florida "not scared of a hurricane or tropical storm". He actually hates Michigan winters much more than hurricanes or tropical storms.

Mary Stetler likes this.