Some Americans Are Unhappy Supporting Ukraine

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Thomas Stillhere, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I have forgotten much of the study I did on the Jewish groups at the time of Jesus. I know there is now and always has been much 'friction' between the two religions.

2. Marie Mallery

Registered

I somewhat agree, long as they leave me my family alone it is ' live and let live '. But going after our kids in schools and my nation with indoctrinating lies and half truths is wrong.
    I find more and more conservative's are bending to their lies and victimhood's. There is a fine line between tolerance and self-destruction. To tolerate the invasion of your nation and its culture with the racial, lifestyle hammer is not tolerant nor is it wise, like Ayn Rand once said,

" Nether a wise man or a brave man lays down on the tracts for the train of the future to run over him". Ayn Rand.
    " you can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality".

John Houlihan likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm glad I read this Thomas, especially the first part about war. It's far too easy for someone like me to shout out opinions before I have seen the Big picture. I've been against sending money to Ukraine, but how you put it made a big difference in how I've looked at it. Thanks for speaking out, Denise

Marie Mallery and John Houlihan like this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

This is where @Faye Fox post comes in for me, I am with her on drawing the line for Russia and nipping it in the bud. Now we are doing more to invite Russia to do whatever they want it looks like to me. What other countries would not see that we have a bozo in the highest office of our country. A free-for-all, there's no one at the helm.

5. Denise Evans

Registered

I can't believe this never dawned on me until I read your post @Ken Anderson. I think I better double up on my "brain-foods" today :confused: I guess that's why I come here, so I can learn, and I sure don't have any biz trying to teach someone else. But, I can sure pass this on, well said!

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

I sure hope not, but I fear your right. I feel far as Putin is concerned 'pride goeth before the fall'. if I even understand the correct interpretation of the quote.
    Anyone see Trumps speech yesterday about Armageddon?

John Houlihan likes this.
  7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Trump may have insiders in the government, so he knows what is coming. I feel that if Russia wins the conflict, we have a chance for freedom. If NATO wins the conflict, our freedom will be gone. Sad, huh?

Marie Mallery likes this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Don I feel the same way but then since I don't really trust any of them anymore I wonder even about him.
    But then he is our only hope if he is who we think and hope he is.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Had we cultivated Russia as an ally after the breakup of the Soviet Union, I think we'd have had a valuable (although perhaps not entirely trustworthy) friend today.

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

If we had even lived up to the agreements we made with Russia after the breakup of the USSR, this war would not be happening and a lot less people would have died and fewer suffered impoverishment

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

Was the League of Nations changed to NATO or are they separate groups, I know the name was changed.

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

I looked it up and my answer is no, it was UN.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

UN and NATO are completely different things. The UN is supposed to be an organization to promote peace, which it has never really done. It has devolved into a place that is on Americna soil and financed mostly by the U.S. where other countries can criticize the United States. NATO started as a defensive alliance against Russia, but it has devolved also into an organization where Western Nations led by the U.S. can bully others to do our will.

Marie Mallery and Ken Anderson like this.
  14. Marie Mallery

Registered

Eisenhower and later JFK all warned us about The Military Industrial Complex.
    Eisenhower did try to protect America from invasion but then he did obey orders and go after WW1 Bonus Army camped in front of the Whitehouse, so did Patton and Macarther.
    Seems the oath is sometimes forgotten, both foreign AND domestic.

15. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

The war is a horror for Ukrainian troops. Men from age 16 to 65 are pressed into the army, given a few days training, then thrown into the conflict without artillery or air support or communications. Many do not trust their command hierarchy. The average life expectancy of a new soldier fighting the Russians - 4 hours. Cannon fodder. The desertion rate is high. The Poles are in line to be the next victims when the Ukrainian military fails completely.

I follow this Dutch journalist.
    https://covertactionmagazine.com/author/sonjavandenende/

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.