Some Americans Are Unhappy Supporting Ukraine

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Thomas Stillhere, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Speaking of Faye, I haven’t seen her around lately. Did she leave?

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Not sure why Ukraine or Russia is any of our business. We basically don't have a nation ourselves anymore so why in the hell worry about them. Seems to me the whole world is in on the NWO or some other sinister scheme.

Denise Evans and Dwight Ward like this.
  3. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

The last I saw of her here was about four or five days ago. That's not so long.

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

This kind of war is always brutal @Dwight Ward. I pity the soldiers on both sides and the civilians involved as well. The U.S. has not been involved in this kind of warfare since WWII, and no one currently in the military has a clue as to what it is like. I think there was a little bit of urban warfare in Iraq, but nothing on the scale of Ukraine. I have heard terrible stories of men being shanghaied and forced into military service too, only to be killed shortly thereafter. The Russians appear to be in much better shape, as the bulk of the Russian military hasn't even gotten involved yet. They are awaiting for the U.S. to get involved. Meanwhile, we are waiting for Ukraine to be destroyed and our military contractors to be enriched just as the Big Pharm folks gained form Covid. Poland thinks they will be able to stand up to Russia. We'll see.... Many wonder why Russia has been so gentle on Ukraine, as Kyiv and many other major population centers have not been targeted. I think Putin is no Stalin and feels a connection to the Ukrainian people. If Putin leaves office, there are many "Stalins" ready to take his place and Kyiv/Kiev will be destroyed.

5. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm poor at taking orders. I didn't serve but had friends who were destroyed by their Vietnam experience.

My best friend from childhood was smart, kind and brave. He ended up in an elite army unit that spent weeks in country living off the land and going after specific people for assassination. Army intel and the CIA were involved.They went places that we weren't supposed to be in. Sometimes they worked alongside the Montagnards or other locals. He said the My Lai thing was just everyday work. Every now and then he just went went awol and came home for some recovery time..They'd give him some space and then come and take him back without any penalty or punishment.

Eventually he just stopped talking to me about it. He ended up with a DD, came home and tried hard to drink and drug himself to death. I think he felt very alone. I think he felt like a monster. He didn't receive any help. I think war brings out a man's best and his worst and I think it's hard to look in the mirror when you've seen your own worst.

His behavior finally became so bizarre and dangerous that I had to cut him out of my life out of concern for my loved ones. I let him down and I don't forgive myself for that. He's still alive but will never be whole. I still think about you and pray for you, Jerry. I love you still.

No comments from anyone, please.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

So Xi wants to broker a peace agreement between Russia and Ukraine but from the looks of things, those major players in the U.S. do not like the idea.
    At first, I thought that there’s a possibility that U.S. Government leaders want to be known as the good guys and want to be the hero’s who brokered a ceasefire or better, a peace agreement and are a little jealous that China’s leadership got there before them but nope, it doesn’t appear to be like that at all.
    Like Vietnam, it is as though this way left wing Woke liberal leadership in Washington, D.C. want the war to drag on, milking everything they can get out of it before a possible and hopefully probable leadership change in ‘24.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Z3I_-Mla6is?feature=share

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

Nothing we can do about any of it but just live one day at a time.
    It is very sad for sure. Not to speak of frustrating.
    Bobby, I think many of us feel the same way. Just imagine what kind of nation our youth wilk inherit.
    Jakes mother was worried sick that Trump wouldn't make it into the Whitehouse, but she passed before the election so never knew who got in. At our age now we have no power.
    I was on senior forum for about 2 weeks before they banned me. They were as liberal and self-loathing as Antifa, maybe some were ANTIFA?
    Then I found this site where things are more American.
    America has its bad past as do every nation, but we live in it continuously and I don't think that helps anyone.
    While the white man is known to be the evil racist who owe a never ending fept to others, Africa still has slaves and always has used their own for slaves.
    We are no longer a proud people who admit mistakes and move on.
    We are weaklings to any new program that comes around, even allow our sons to be programmed in schools and even have them dressed in red high heels to bend over to tolerance, that should never be tolerated.
    We lost our morals, faith and culture to appeasement and apathy.
    Babel, Sodom Gomorrah.
    We can't find Law Enforcement, or men to supply out military now, no new recruits to speak of, no wonder who wants to be tormented.
    If we are so much eviler than all other races, then why do so many want to reap the rewards we created building this nation? Why isn't Spain who brought the first blacks to America being sued? How about Portugal who was highly involved in slavery?
    You don't see all the other nations who bought slaves from black slave masters destroying their nation in the name of 'justice'.
    Many wise blacks see their nation being invaded and realize this division will hurt us all. But at the same time 96 of blacks voted for Obama, so not enough to save us. Divided we have fallen.
    Humpty Dumpty theory.
    Now they want to teach our children " CRT" they are inherently evil racist. Where does it stop?We are under invasion from the whole third world and in danger of WW!!! and look what is important to us.

Beth Gallagher and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The Western powers had Putin declared to be a "war criminal" so that they wouldn't have to negotiate with Russia "We can't negotiate with a war criminal". Nothing Putin has done is any worse than what Zelenskyy has done, or we (Allies) did in WWII. In fact, he has conducted the war with restraint. His invasion of Ukraine is no worse than our invasion of Iraq--both illegal wars by international standards. Ukrainians and their allies have to die to make the military contractors wealthy, just as young men (especially) seem to now be dying as we made Big Pharma even richer.

Marie Mallery and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

According to Indian news service, China has the number one economy and Russia is number two. They are grading them on trade surplus, not GDP, as so much of GDP can be service and not really produce anything. I think it is a good way to judge how a nation is doing, and, while we are bleeding ourselves dry, Russia and China are thriving under the sanctions they face as most of the world ignores the West and NATO.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Whatever happened to the antiwar movement?

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Everyone thinks that it’s a new laxative.

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Wars make some rich but many poor, Look at our vets returning from Nam, and recent wars, what a terrible shape some of them are in, being given drugs that are known to cause suicide and big pharma benefits.
    It is sad but I don't see anything changing it.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Thomas Windom

Registered

Interesting video I just found with some explanation of why so much fighting in Bakhmut.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Boy, I didn't realize Scott Ritter was so smart! (I always judge people who agree with me to be smart:)) If you look at what I posted a year or so ago, I said all Putin wanted was the Russian-speaking provinces, nothing more. It was Zelenskyy and Biden as well as Boris Johnson who painted the story he was trying to re-create the old Soviet Union. As Ritter said, Ukraine was part of old Russia before the advent of the Soviet Union, not a nation conquered by the USSR/CCCP.
    Wagner troops appear to be near the total occupation of Bakhmut with substantial Ukrainian forces trapped inside. As Ritter also said, Ukrainian general staff called for the evacuation of Bakhmut while they still could so they could live to fight another day, but Zelenskyy, fearing Western supporters were tiring of supporting a losing cause, demanded they hold Bakhmut as all costs, similar to Hitler and Stalingrad as Ritter pointed out. If the war reaches an armistice or peace treaty, many in the Biden administration will be at a loss, as they have depended on this war to be a distraction from what is happening domestically.

Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.
  15. Thomas Windom

Registered

Another interesting video…

Don Alaska likes this.