Some Americans Are Unhappy Supporting Ukraine

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Thomas Stillhere, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have a grandchild who is type 1 diabetic, and his parents were ecstatic when TRUMP lowered the price of insulin for them. It was an early item in the first years of Trump. I don't know where you got your info, but perhaps Trump's move didn't affect everyone, but the grandson's insulin price was cut more than 50%.

2. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I am still convinced that Putin just wanted to take the eastern parts of Ukraine that spoke Russian and guaranteed his access to the Black Sea...and remove the Nazis that controlled the areas. He would have stopped (IMHO) at that point, but NATO led by the U.S and the UK turned it into a fight for Russia's life. There have been a couple attempts to negotiate, one led by Turkey and one started by China. The first was nixed by Boris Johnson before he left office and the second was laughed at by the Biden folks. I think China just wanted to make sure the West had no interest in a negotiated peace before it got fully involved backing Russia

Marie Mallery and Ken Anderson like this.
  3. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

You have a better feel for it than I. I don't claim to know all that's going on. I'm not trying to make Putin the good guy or guess his motives but NATO and their lackeys in Ukraine provoked the invasion for eight years since the Minsk protocols.

If Mexico had an eight year campaign to murder American expats I hope we would have a response to stop that. Putin responded just as NATO wished. It really looks as if NATO wants to start WW3.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

That is exactly true. I am not trying to paint Putin as any sort of good guy, but I wish our politicians had the same love-of-country that Putin has. Biden certainly is more interested in lining his pockets than looking after the nation's welfare. That is something I admired in Trump. Even though he made some bad calls, he was doing his best to look after the nation under his watch. Putin probably didn't think NATO would risk destroying itself to defend Ukraine, a nation of no particular value to the alliance, but NATO, and the U.S. in particular, thought Russia would collapse under the weight of sanctions. Not only did that not happen, but it has pushed many nations away from the U.S. and toward Russia, especially China and Saudi Arabia. Bad diplomatic and military calls all around to the detriment of us and the world as a whole.

5. Dwight Ward

Registered

... and if one wants to go all conspiracy theory about it, it's deliberate. A 'multi-polar' world is closer to world government than a uni-polar world run by the USA and NATO. I love my country but I can see why we are hated by some. Forcing 'democracy' on foreign countries to control their resources has been very profitable.

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I think the machinations are deliberate, but the results are not as planned. The U.S. is pushing itself even further into bankruptcy pumping money it doesn't have into Ukraine and pushing our enemies closer together. We are also expanding the ranks of OPEC+ and the Shanghai Cooperation Organization is expanding as a result of the sanctions placed on Russia. BRICS+ is getting stronger as well, with even Mexico entertaining membership.

7. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I knew a lot of other countries were lining up to join but I had not heard about Mexico. Biden bumbles while BRICS grows and grows. Wait until the U.S. dollar is no longer the world’s reserve currency.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Uh Oh, they failed to mention Trump doing it. It was on a political ad on the radio yesterday--they are starting early.
    Lots of lying going around (for a change). Hope the diabetics remember who did it. There are a lot of them out there who can vote.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Dwight Ward

Registered

I have a different slant. I think the take down of America is completely planned.

Slightly off topic ... The banking 'crisis' currently going down is part of it. Bailing out the big banks that are part of the system while allowing all others to fail means we, the proletariat, will pay for supporting our masters through inflation. The difference between fractional reserve banking and counterfeiting? One is an illegal crime, the other is a legal crime.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

They are trying to blame the bank failures on Trump and lying about the drug pricing. I am pretty sure, based on personal experience, that diabetics and those who require EpiPens will see through the lies but I suspect the hard-core Progressives will accept whatever they are told as they usually do.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Mexico has not committed, but they are being courted. We'll see how it works out.

Marie Mallery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Dwight Ward

Registered

I've noticed a difference between the woke crowd and conservative-leaning people that I don't think is self flattery. I am open to new ideas and interpretations. I don't seem to have a fixed ideology beyond valuing freedom, reason and fairness. The 'woke' on the other hand appear to have a fixed set of dogmas that they don't depart from, much like cultists. As such, they don't need to think or exercise reason. Anyone else see this?

I find it odd that I used to consider myself a progressive leftist and that my values haven't drastically shifted. It's the political landscape that has radically moved beneath me.

13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I was never a Progressive, but I was a little left until I "grew up" in the 1980s. At least that is how I see things. When I had developed a lot of world and work experience, I realized things were not as they were painted. I found that Democrats particularly are judged by intentions rather than results. When a government program is put into place with good intentions but fails, the Dems get credit for intentions, while Republicans get castigated for the failed results despite the good intentions. That can be seen in many of the racial equity programs. The Republicans have been fighting for civil rights since they formed in the 1850s, while the Democrats have pushed for slavery and segregation throughout much of their time. The Republicans aren't perfect, so they are labeleled as the racist party while the Democrats, who have been racist for their entire history, are somehow the party of equity. Go figure. You also don't see people labeled as "DINOs" as there are "RINOs" on the other side.

14. Dwight Ward

Registered

I disagree strongly. There is, effectively, a civil war brewing between religious Jews and the nihilistic right-wing in government, symbolized by Netanyahu. Both groups tend towards Jewish supremacism but the latter group is quite racist ( Nazified ?) and holds only to those beliefs that allow them to imprison or slaughter Palestinians. Do they have their own Final Solution for the Palestinians?

I think neither Jehovah nor Yeshua would approve. Jesus was a practicing Jew, a Pharisee who attended Synagogue and preached there. He grew beyond his Jewishness but did not discard it. He was not concerned with what lands belonged to the Jews but with who belonged to God.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  15. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I hadn't heard of Mexico joining BRICKS, but wouldn't doubt it.