Speaker Of The House

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh Bongino, yes, I like his stuff too ;) I'll link it, Thanks Thomas, again :)

Thomas Windom likes this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Television said Scalise has removed himself from contention for Speaker. I guess Jordan is left...unless they find someone else.

Denise Evans likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It could still be Trump. If they know that is who they would all vote for, they could just do that and it would catch all of the Dems and RINO’s by surprise. People are saying that it could work, but what will happen is anybody’s guess at this point. I am not sure that Jordan is the best one, either.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

Could this happen with all his facing in the court's? I hope the answer is yes, but I just don't know how it all works. I think we need him most as President, but hope some folks chime in on this.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am not sure, Denise. Some people think that he is okay and some are saying that he can’t be SOTH because of the ridiculous charges. It is still looking like it will probably be Jordan. And whether it is a good thing or not, is hard to tell also.
    They already try to blame Trump for anything that happens, and if he was Speaker, then they would just have more to throw at him.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

That's true, we think something good is going on and we get the reality of more treachery in our government. Trump just scares dems, or they wouldn't hate him so much. It's their fear that is controlling them. I love a quote by Golda Meir I just discovered and I can reword it to fit here in America: This country will be back on the right track when the "left" starts loving their country more than they hate Trump.

Tom Galty likes this.
  7. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good afternoon to all-
    Demise- in response to your quote above- I love my country. I have worked my whole life trying to make life better for others. I happily and willingly pay my taxes at every level to help support the government services which serve me and others. I love the opportunity America gives to its citizens, whether naturally born or citizens who came across a border. I love America.

I detest Donald tRump because he is a cruel, selfish, perverted and abusive individual. He demands unquestioning loyalty and obedience from those around him and in return he provides nothing but more demands
    D. tRump represents the worst of American society- a man born to privilege, wealth, and power who uses his unearned power to satisfy his vile cravings and to take advantage of others who were not born to power as he was.

America will be on the right track when the people who support tRump and his sickness see what an evil, totally bad man he is.

Hating tRump is an act of patriotism and love of America.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

8. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The broken record is baaaaack! Rejoice! I fixed his post so it reads as just as meaningless, but from the other side.

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning to all-
    Thomas- I will permit you to use my words- since your own are so very limited it appears. As I have said before, I am no fan of Joe Biden. But the fact that he is so very much better than the loser of a man he defeated makes him much more preferable than tRump will ever be.

But do be careful of changing and using what others have written- not all writers are as forgiving as I am.

And if you think I am a broken record, perhaps you should read what kind of consistent and deluded noise the tRump supporters on this place write. Now, that's some broken record- and some wrong-thinking.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

10. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

You love to dish it out but…just once, I’d like to see you contribute something meaningful, some references, specific things that you think are bad policy. But noooooo. There really isn’t any need for you to even type anything from scratch, you can just copy your old posts and paste them because it’s the same dreary old whining every time.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Name calling indicates a low IQ, so perhaps original content cannot be generated.

12. Denise Evans

Registered

NBC which I don't watch but I see the video up on my Roku anyway NBC is claiming that Jim Jordan won the Republican speaker nomination that the final vote from the floor or do we have to go through some other crud along with Jim?

13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

More crud.

Denise Evans likes this.
  14. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Flamethrower Jim Jordan deserves this job. I almost hope he wins. Maybe the responsibility, and the problems caused by his little group of 8 or10, would humble him. Maybe cause him to grow up. But I doubt it.

15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Rep Byron Donalds!!! for speaker.

It seems a lot are throwing their hats into the ring.

Don Alaska likes this.