Speaker Of The House

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

They are worked up over this. Seventy-eight percent of voters in Santos' Congressional district wanted Santos' resignation (including 89% of Democrats, 72% of independents/others and 71% of Republicans), compared to just 13% who do not want him to step down, according to the latest Newsday/Siena College poll.

Voters have limited options. Forty states provide for the recall of state and local elected officials. But there is no federal recall law that could lead to the removal of Santos from Congress.

By NY state law, Kathy Hochul has 10 days to schedule a special election. Nominees will be chosen by county party leaders.

Tony Page likes this.
  2. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

3. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I haven’t followed news about Gaetz but Santos did more than just lie about his bonafides. He definitely needed to be run out of town on a rail. The fact is, the majority of those who supposedly serve us are in it only for themselves. The majority are power hungry liars and hypocrites.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alison...he-prison-time-he-could-face/?sh=47abf1192bbf

Tony Page and Denise Evans like this.
  4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I think it's safe to agree that the majority of those in government offices are in it mostly for themselves, if not fully! I didn't pay a lot of attention to the mugshot of Gaetz because I assumed it was faked by media just to attack another republican. I never heard a word from anyone here I normally follow so figured it was bs. After @Lois Winters statement I believe it was true plus the things she added to his "criminal" acts of trafficking. Fame and fortune (fortunes from tax-payer's money) can too easily corrupt people, the love of money and power seems to put those that fall for, consider themselves gods well above the law.

5. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, MOST sign up for lifetime paychecks, to the grave....

Mary Stetler likes this.