Spring Cleaning

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Joy Martin, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I bought a new mop head for a Libman wonder mop. Hubby used one in the garage and I don't want what is on it in my washer. I had a second one that had rusted through so he had to use the good one.:confused:
    I bought a steam mop on amazon that was discounted and I like it for a quick lick and a promise.
    But now I am waiting for a good day to do windows. There is still snow on the ground, hubby pointed out. That is why there are four legs on the ladder.:D

Marie Mallery and Krystal Shay like this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I did a few windows and noticed when the sun hit them, they were cloudy, and I know I shined them. Guess Windex isn't what it used to be.
    I bought a cheap sofa cover and what a difference it made. It is so nice to have some pretty colors instead of the drab tan color of the sofa.
    Just a few little addition's can make a world of difference. Also put black drapes in bedroom that pull back and give lots of light.
    I told Jake time to rearrange the living room, which isn't hard not much furniture to move.

3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Spring is here, more packing, putting away. Cleaning dusting window cleaning.
    Will not change mop head yet, I don't like stiff mop when its new. Old one will do for quite a while.
    Clean out cabinets store utensils not used often.
    Plus, outdoor yard work that Jake will do most of sawing off limbs except hauling them off ,that's my job.

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  4. Jenna Parnellson

Jenna Parnellson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sounds ... exhausting! (That's just to me, I suppose.)

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I live SMALL considering others here. I clean my little place a little and keep it clean enough....I have lived in this apt for for over 30 yrs and NEVER had windows washed, I can see out of them just fine....Right now they are all rain splattered as we've had rain all night....I'm not phased by some dirt.....

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

When I was younger, I had a construction business, we did rough cleanup for new homes. Cleaned many a window, maybe that is why I like them clean. The worse ones were the skylights, never cared for climbing on roofs some very steep or high scaffolds inside.

7. Joy Martin

Registered

Pack up the STUFF you don't use or need, and get RID of the stuff, someone MAY use and need it,,,,I did that 10 yrs ago, paid to have it boxed up and carried away,,,

8. Joy Martin

Registered

Time to Change?????

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

OH, I have, still clean windows, just not as much as before. No way do I do as good a job. And I do get rid of clutter and things I don't use, I put it on dirt road and neighbors pick it up or if kids are visiting if they want it give it to them. Take them. I do ask them to just take one or two so everyone gets one.
    I've given hundreds of plants away just put-up sign 'free plants' in front on dirt road.
    Our ornamentals spread, umbrellas , aloe vera, canna lilies. I thin them out every couple years.