1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starbucks Adding Olive Oil To Coffee

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Joy Martin, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

A bit of OO isn't going to make their coffees keep my barf-alarm from going off
    barf alarm.gif

2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Yeah, and it's not EVOO at that ;)

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Would that make it "Italian Roast?" :D

4. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

A friend's doc told her yrs ago NOT to drink starbucks...the processing can be more prone to breast tumors...the friend was heavy into starbucks and that from the doc got her off it.....

I have been adding a little Olive Oil or Coconut Oil to my 1 cup of my morning coffee....

John Brunner likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe the breast fibrocystic tissue is aggravated by caffeine, so not necessarily Starbucks but all caffeinated coffee. Caffeine does not cause cysts but can make them more painful.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This kind of overlaps that "Cancer Rates By State" thread. Coffee is roasted using a known carcinogen (acrylamide) that used to be used in the potato chip manufacturing process.

There is a lawsuit trying to require full disclosure on coffee labels...but not a ban on the substance. The suit is being brought by the same organization that got acrylamide banned from the potato chip manufacturing process.

ink to 5 year old article

7. Jane Carlson

Jane Carlson Well-Known Member
    Registered

Having never been to a Starbucks I can't attest to the taste of their coffee, but the price has been an effective deterrent for me. I like McDonald's coffee. ;)

John Brunner likes this.
  8. John Brunner

I went once. Overwhelmed by choice, I asked for "a regular cup of coffee." You would have thought I was at a French restaurant requesting ketchup. And the coffee is horrid.

It's an interesting lesson in marketing (and a sad statement on our society.) The product sucks, but your social standing is elevated when seen consuming it.

9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

For a while I only drank black coffee. If a cup sat too near the stove and something was frying, it might get an oily surface by accident. :p I wouldn't add any oil to black coffee. There is a little in milk/creamer, but it doesn't show then.

I've never been to Starbucks, not even a stand inside a grocery store. I'd rather have a milkshake than some of the stuff I've seen from there. Maybe just don't call it coffee. Call it coffee-flavored something or other.

10. Jane Carlson

Jane Carlson Well-Known Member
    Registered

Imagine how elevated your social standing would be if you bought your Starbucks coffee and climbed into your Lamborghini! :D

Actually, when I see someone with a Starbucks cup, all I think is, "wish I had the money they waste on coffee."

John Brunner likes this.
  11. John Brunner

And when they approach retirement age, they wish they had the money they wasted on coffee.