Stupid Things In Movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ken Anderson, May 4, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Aliens have landed in New York City, Godzilla is rampaging through Tokyo, Los Angeles is underwater from a tidal wave, zombies are eating their way through Chicago........ The guy and his gal have been separated. Will they every find each other? Of course they will! Millions and millions of dead people, skyscrapers fallen, planes crashed, doesn't matter. True love will always find its way. Oh, and the dog......they'll always be reunited with the dog, thank goodness, but not until the last two minutes of the movie.

Also, everyone can outrun firestorms, tidal waves, buffalo stampedes, avalanches, hordes of zombies..... Why haven't these people tried out for the Olympics? They're shoo-ins for a gold medal. BUT FIRST, they must stop and profess their love for each other, at least 30 seconds of soul-staring and sweet nothings while ___________ (fill in the blank with the disaster of your choice) bears down on them. I'll be yelling, "MOVE IT, YOU IDIOTS!!!" like they can hear me. Then the car will *always* start, the airplane has *just enough* runway (and not an inch more) to take off, and they'll always find a way out of the basement of the 40-story building that collapsed on them. She'll still have her makeup undisturbed and he'll have a small stream of blood running down the side of his face to show how manly he is, unless he's Bruce Willis and then he'll look like he was put through a meat grinder.

3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you Thomas, I will look for Lonesome Dove series! I love series, and I can handle some War movies, I guess the ones that are pretty far-fetched like sci-fi or easier for me to handle, but I'll check out Buffalo Girls ;) Thank you again! Denise :) Last night I started one I think I saw years ago, but I got tired and quit about halfway through, it was on version of Left Behind, the one with Nicolaus Cage. But I went from that to reading a book I have called "Escaping the Night" by David Jeremiah. I'd read it before but it's a very good read for me.

4. Denise Evans

Registered

What cracks me up is when folks hear a bump in the night, and say "hello??" "hello, who's there" like some monster or human-monster is gonna say back "hiya, it's just me, the monster" :rolleyes:

5. Denise Evans

Registered

best laughing baby.gif
    Excellent!!

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Cowboys and aliens works for this thread.:confused:

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

We all know the things NOT to do when you're in a scary movie: don't go down in the basement, don't take a shower, don't go up into the attic, don't go out in the back yard, don't investigate strange noises, and especially important, DON'T HAVE SEX!

But what do they immediately do? Yep, any and all of the above and usually end up with a hatchet to the head.

Wouldn't ya think they'd learn?

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I want to know why people in movies never have to go to the bathroom. I know I'd be about to pee my pants if I saw a ghost.

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Have you noticed that whenever there is a gang or a group of bad guys chasing a good guy, no matter how many chances the protagonist might have, he never kills the main antagonist until the end? Despite the fact that if he had killed the main bad guy at the start, the gang of bad guys would probably break up or fall apart, he always lets the main bad guy live until the end.

If the good guy took the first opportunity to kill the main bad guy, a two-hour movie could be over in fifteen minutes. Oh, wait. I think I just figured out why they do that.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2023
  10. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I watch all three FBI series on TV, plus a couple of the NCIS shows they all do the same annoying thing when they spot a suspect on the street, from a half a block away they call out the suspect's name and then identified themselves as FBI or whomever the organization is, given the suspect plenty of time to run. You would think if they're looking to take a suspect in they would get closer before they identified themselves.
    Just about every episode has a car chase scene it's very predictable.

Ken Anderson and John Brunner like this.
  11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Funny, I was thinking this last night. I get a westerns channel via antenna, and saw a couple of movies where they could have ended things pretty quickly if they had taken out the cattle baron or the Indian chief. Maybe it's The Code of the West.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have seen only one John Wick movie and I kind of like that the whole tortuous end was draggggggged out after they killed his puppy.

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The new movie Snow White.

So, Snow is a Latino lesbian whose dream is to climb the corporate ladder and somewhere toward the end of the movie gets awakened by a kiss from her black lesbian boss?
    I can’t figure how this is a remake of the original.

John Brunner likes this.
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

It's not. But no one would watch that crap without the deceitful title.

Bobby Cole and Von Jones like this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If Disney would have thought about it a little harder, Snow would have been a latino lesbian hooker shooting for a cabinet position at the White House so her entourage could sing Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it’s off to get rich we go.
    And….her lesbian boss would be her pimp or rather, the President’s lesbian crack head daughter.