Supreme Court Defederalizes A National Sin

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Joseph Carl, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I just quoted you the facts Joy.
    Just because you do not like them doesn’t change a thing.
    I truly believe that the main reason you won’t accept the facts is because I’m a man, right?
    It might interest you to know that nearly 70% of the abortionists are male.

No one here is talking about incest, rape or for women’s physical health. Those reasons for abortion are between the woman, in some cases the law and her doctor.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    Al Amoling and Teresa Levitt like this.
  2. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

No where do you get your so called facts. From the govt which I don't trust as
    far as I can throw them. There are no hard facts on anything. A lot of made up facts for the convenience of the ones who make them up.

Jeff Elohim likes this.
  3. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

It is not a matter of :"being able to discuss this topic..." but of letting people know HOW their personal reasons could -and do- destroy the lives of many of the kids they want to save.
    Out of respect for a dear friend I won't go into details...ONLY that her mother was forced by her husband and foamily to have her (third child). The way this child was treated all her life pushed her to leave the country (18 y/o) and to return upon her mother passing TO SEE HER IN THE CASKET AND BE ASSURED THE LADY WAS REALLY DEAD. .

Please, people, don't butter in on other people's lives

4. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

How old are you really Joy?
    If you haven’t learned by now how to follow the trails and find out the facts on your own then no matter what evidence I might provide you is useless because obviously you’d still doubt it.

I have a funny feeling that even if you did endeavor to go the distance you still would be stuck on whatever you believe to be true or in defense of ignorance,
    Just to make things simple, out of a thousand abortions coming from a single clinic, how many do you believe to be the end results of incest or rape?

It’s a billion dollar industry so there’s gotta be a lot of rapes and some terribly incestuous people out there if convenience doesn’t come up to be the majority.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    Al Amoling and Teresa Levitt like this.
  5. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

My age does not matter, I've posted that many times.

I've just arrived starting in the 80's to question just about everything...Yep, we all
    have to live with what we've chosen to do in our lives and that's where I feel it
    belongs,,,, I know enough who chose abortion and many who could have and did not.

I am happy that I didn't have to face that decision in my life.

6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I remember when abortion was illegal and women went through all sorts of trauma for the sake of honor. The pill was not around much yet.
    But, in this day and age where you can get a subcutaneous implant so you can have carefree sex for 5 years and then another implant, there is not much reason to get pregnant if one takes responsibility for oneself. And if you are into religion (sin) abstinence is always an option.
    I understand the stress of weighing whether or not to get an abortion. But I don't want the taxpayers to pay for what I consider a murder with viability of the fetus is possible--If the woman who claims 'her body, her choice' did not take responsibility for her body in the first place.
    Maybe we could pay for contraception, if we must choose for someone who does not want to.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  7. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

Mary Stetler,

I agree with you about preventing and educating.....but shouldn't men do the same? See, the pill has an effect on the woman physiology.......but a preservative won't "hurt" the boy

8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I agree 100%. There's no acknowledgement of the man's responsibility. But like everything in our culture, we do not elevate anyone...we tell women that they "have a right" to behave as irresponsibly as men do, and then provide the means. Lowest Common Denominator, baby.

Of course, we're talking about sex, which has no parallels to other behaviours, and has always held a "unique place" in all cultures through out history.

Al Amoling and Beth Gallagher like this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Once again, the responsibility is assumed to be the woman's. As far as birth control methods, implants, etc. I don't want crap installed in my body and why should I. When I was diagnosed with cancer, one of the first questions I was asked was whether I had ever taken birth control pills... hmmmm.

And yes, many women have the option of "taking responsibility for their own body" but are forced into unwanted situations due to ignorance or brute force.

As previously stated... most abortions are NOT paid for by taxpayers. Personally, I'd prefer my tax dollars paid for a poor woman's abortion before a cellphone for an illegal alien.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It shouldn't be, but neither should the decisions.

11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Instead of percentages, let’s just let the real figures out and go from there. How about 3.1 BILLION dollars over the last three years that went directly to Planned Parenthood, an organization best known not for prenatal care but for abortion referencing and payments for those abortions.
    As I explained, I could go on and on about what taxes are used for and which one’s I do not like and it just so happens that I don’t like the money spent for Convenience abortions and no, I don’t like giving illegals cell phones either.

If the ladies need an abortion and can’t find the funds then the NNAF (National Network of Abortion Funds) might be willing to help out but even though they are pro abortion and are a tax exempt promoter of abortions, they apparently have some limitations on what they will spend a donors money on such as abortions of convenience.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Actually Bobby, I don't care. There is so much that I don't want my tax dollars spent on that abortions don't even cross my radar.

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

You're right... to a degree. But if the man isn't willing to take the baby and raise it he can simply walk away.

And as a mother who carried to term and birthed two sons, I'd like to say that being pregnant and then giving birth are not a walk in the damn park. I was thrilled to be expecting, but pregnancy is hard and giving birth is a traumatic experience. I can't imagine going through all that for a child I was FORCED to bear.

14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I remember when he made the statement in an interview. Much of the nation was horrified by the statement and it enlivened the anti-abortion folks when they actually heard what the pro-abortion folks had in mind. There were people on this forum who have said no one is actually FOR abortion; the then-governor's statement proves otherwise.

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Not sure who you're quoting there, Don. :D