Surveys

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Ed Wilson, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I got a survey to be taken online from J.D. Power earlier in the week to rate my 2019 Subaru Impreza. In the envelope they included a dollar bill for my troubles and said the survey would take ½ hour. Well, it didn’t take long to get tired of the whole thing, so when I felt they got their dollar’s worth, I quit. I may go back but may not.

It seems like they ask questions on every possible answer so the survey takes forever. A computer crunches everything and spits out the result, but I do all the work. I wish they would allow you to just write a paragraph and they did the work of reading it and sorting it out.

A few years ago I got a Nielson survey to rate a local talk radio station, this one on paper and not that long. I rated most of it favorably except one host, who originally was entertaining but he turned political, and a lefty to boot, and I let Nielson know of my disdain. It was long after that he was terminated and replaced. I’m sure that I wasn’t the only one to voice a negative opinion since he fought with callers a lot.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I have groceries delivered each week by the local (Texas) grocery store chain HEB. Without fail, a few hours after delivery I get ANOTHER SURVEY in my email. I don't mind an occasional survey... but I'm not filling that out every damn time.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The only surveys I get are the Walmart ones, and I fill them out because each one is an entry into drawings for gift cards...up to $1,000. I believe the drawings are bi-monthly.

Funny, I just realized that since I got a new credit card, I've not received a survey for an in-store purchase. I added the card to my Profile. I'll have to check this out...

Ed Wilson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

When I was in Texas, I had a friend who had a radio show. I made the mistake of mentioning to her once that I had received an invitation from Nielson to participate in radio ratings but that I hadn't bothered to respond. She told me that radio shows and hosts live and die by the Nielson ratings. She was mad, and it didn't help when I told her I didn't listen to her show anyhow. It's no wonder that I was nearly fifty before I was married.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I always do the walmart surveys also, for both online and store shopping. When we got some really AWFUL produce that didn’t show up until we were home and I opened the package, they gave me a $10 gift card . I think that the drawings might be quarterly, but no matter how often they are, it is worth the chance of winning one of the drawing gift cards.

I also do several online surveys that give you points for surveys, and usually you can get an Amazon gift card once you have enough points. Some of the surveys actually offer a lot more money, when it is a phone or video survey.
    I did one a couple of weeks ago about heart failure , and the possibility of a new treatment for it, and just received a check for $112 for that survey and one of the smaller online ones.
    I mostly enjoy doing the surveys, and I always enjoy spending the Amazon gift cards !

Ed Wilson and John Brunner like this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

You're likely right about the frequency of the Walmart drawings. I sometimes look for the drawing date, but most times I just Respond & Submit.

I've never been approached to do a survey for money.

Ed Wilson likes this.