Suzanne Somers Has Passed

Discussion in 'Celebrity Deaths' started by Tony Nathanson, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

She seemed like a good person what little I know about her, may she RIP.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Oh no, and I was hoping for a return of Three's Company.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I read that she battled an aggressive form of breast cancer for over 20 years, and that's what finally took her.

RIP.

5. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

It's been reported that she battled breast cancer for 23 yrs and lost her battle the day before her 77th birthday....long time husband Alan Hamel at her side in their home in Palm Springs. This is sad and shocking. My first thought was "did she take the C19 shot" and a good friend of her's who I talk to online some times, said "NO" she did not take the jabs. I had been receiving info the last few days that more cancers are being reported in t hose who "shot up"....but not Suzanne the cancer won out.

Alan Hamel wrote this Love Letter/Poem to Suzanne and she was able to read it and died the next day as I read.

https://people.com/read-love-letter-...-death-8358234

6. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

As I see it, she didn't "lose her battle." Anyone who lives with an aggressive cancer for 23 years is a winner, and is making the right treatment choices - whether those choices agree with their doctors or not. My ex wife's first husband lived 6 months after his cancer diagnosis & died at 31.
    And his doctor said, "You're lucky you came to me early, when we can cure it." (yeah.....sure).
    Besides, many people without any cancer don't live 76 years.
    I've known several people who only lived 3-5 years with cancer.

Beth Gallagher and Marie Mallery like this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Exactly. Suzanne didn't "battle" aggressive cancer for 23 years. She had cancer over 20 years ago, went into remission. Last July she reported that the cancer had returned. I really hate the "battle" or "fight" crap when it comes to cancer. No one is battling anything; you are more likely submitting to harsh treatment and hoping for the best outcome.

I also read that she had both uterine cancer and melanoma in the 1970's.

Just my opinion, but I thought publishing the private "love letter poem" or whatever was tacky. Seems to me that would be a very personal and private thing, not fodder for another "Entertainment Tonight" episode. :rolleyes: More "perfect lives" drivel IMO.

RIP, Suzanne. You entertained us.

8. Joy Martin

Registered

Well Beth, I've missed your sharp comments. If I want to say "fight" or "battle" cancer I can and you seem to hate that I use the words I do. :(:(

9. Joy Martin

Registered

A video a few days before Suzanne died.

10. Ken Anderson

True enough, and she can disagree with your word usage. It's not that big of a deal. It annoys me when people say that someone "is in a better place" when the likelihood is that they are not (unless they're not dead but left California). While that's not something I would say at a funeral, neither would I pretend otherwise. If you're still alive and have left California, you are probably in a better place unless you moved to New York City. We all have the right to disagree with another person's word usage. No harm is done.

11. Joy Martin

Registered

I have never said to anyone, he or she is in a better place. No one knows that...but no one knows the pain so many endure while breathing.

12. Ken Anderson

I didn't say you did. That was my example of word usage along the same lines that I don't like. My point was that, outside of a funeral, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with word usage, particularly when you can give reasons.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'm glad you missed me, Joy!! :D I don't see where I said anything to you or about you, but whatever. You can certainly say anything you please as you so frequently do.

My comment was agreeing with Tony that Suzanne Somers was not in treatment for 23 years. She had cancer 23 years ago and had treatment, went into remission for over 20 years, then the cancer returned this year. She had a lot of good years of life that many people don't.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

This popped up in my youtube feed. Suzanne was 69 on Dancing With the Stars.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Joy Martin

Registered

What took SS

she got the vaccine and it activated her cancer

It not only activated her cancer, it metastasized to the brain. She broke her neck and they refused to do surgery unless she got vaccinated. : (

I'm a long time member on a health group and they DIG Deep to get the TRUTHS. They have worldwide members.

Marie Mallery likes this.